Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 01/06/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 01/06/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    You don’t need to wait for Jesus…

“When they had all had enough to eat, Jesus said to his followers, “Gather the leftover pieces of fish and bread so that nothing is wasted.” So they gathered up the pieces and filled twelve baskets with the pieces left from the five barley loaves. When the people saw this miracle that Jesus did, they said, “He must truly be the Prophet who is coming into the world.”” (John 6:12–14, NCV)

“He must truly be the Prophet who is coming into the world.” No I am sorry but you people are wrong! Jesus is no Prophet coming into the world! Jesus is the Promise already in the world! I can’t help but wonder what would have happened if people had understood Jesus to be more than a Prophet. And I cannot help but wonder in our time how many people are waiting and watching for Jesus’ second coming and somehow miss the fact that Jesus is already here!

It unfortunate that many (perhaps most) of the people missed the real miracle behind Jesus feeding them with such a small portion of food. But that will always happen (even today) when people are unable to see past their own appetite. Probably the next day on the other side of the lake Jesus bluntly and pointedly confronted the people with the real miracle.

“When the people found Jesus on the other side of the lake, they asked him, “Teacher, when did you come here?” Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, you aren’t looking for me because you saw me do miracles. You are looking for me because you ate the bread and were satisfied. Don’t work for the food that spoils. Work for the food that stays good always and gives eternal life. The Son of Man will give you this food, because on him God the Father has put his power.” The people asked Jesus, “What are the things God wants us to do?” Jesus answered, “The work God wants you to do is this: Believe the One he sent.”” (John 6:25–29, NCV)

In an earlier conversation with his disciples Jesus talked about the relationship between the “real food” Jesus gives and God’s work. “Jesus said, “My food is to do what the One who sent me wants me to do and to finish his work.” (John 4:34, NCV) As I mentioned earlier Jesus is already present in the world, he is present through the Holy Spirit continuing to give food to those who spend their lives “finishing his work.”

Jesus is God’s Promise that we will never run out of his work nor will we ever run out of what we need to complete his work!

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Jesus is God’s Promise! Every promise God will fulfill in 2015 will come to fruition through your relationship to and with Jesus. Come Jesus, come.”

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X