Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Pest Control (D&D 3.5e), Continued!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Thread: Pest Control (D&D 3.5e), Continued!

[GM’s note: Forgive me if I goof up some details… I didn’t have up-to-date notes when Old Tweb Crashed, and Wayback isn’t cooperating, so I’ve gotta go on memory]

When we last left our heroes…

They had just finished trashing some insects and bandits (not necessarily in that order) to protect the farmlands around the border town they have been charged with guarding They find a shred (literally) of evidence, that is taken in to be scried. Upon getting the scrap checked Tlaloc, one of their superiors in Grenzstadt, blitzes off to a nomadic encampment to tear their leader, The Bull, a superfluous new one due to a perceived betrayal. Naturally, this could lead to trouble, so they’re sent by Nexus and Leon to stop him from throwing some fertilizer into the ventilation system.

After defusing the situation, they find out that there’s a possibility that The Herd has some rotten eggs responsible for the recent swarms of large insects rampaging around Grenzstadt; the name ‘Branches of the Wild Growth’ was thrown around, but nothing came of it. The Bull orders his right-hand man, Sven, to assist the party in figuring out what’s going on. When in Sven’s private quarters, he calls in Arch-Druid Strangeoak. They both reveal that something hasn’t been right with the chief since his recent trip to a Gathering of the Tribes. Strangeoak detected an enchantment of sorts, but the nature of it is currently unknown.

[GM’s note: Allrighty, folks… let’s go from there]
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

[Where am I going, and why am I in this hand-basket?]

IIRC we talked to somebody who had gone to the Gathering with The Bull, and they had been unusually kept apart from the proceedings.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[I recall that Caden had a confrontation and staring contest with Tlaloc, and that Caden had pretty much been just watching the proceedings from that point on.]
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

[Dang it,I don't have my character sheet...]
        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
        -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I support the :
        sigpic

Comment

[GM's note: So... out of curiosity. Who doesn't have their character sheets?]

Comment

[We talked to the guards that went with Bull - they weren't a lot of help as I recall but they did mention some weirdness.

I have mine - thanks CV...

So, where are we right now? Still with Sven?]
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

[GM's note: Yep. You're still with Sven and Strangeoak]

Comment

[Need to see if I can re-read some of it to get back into character. Then again I'm not sure if any was archived. ]

Comment

[GM's Note: Chrs, there was a fair chunk archived, but I'm not sure how long they last.]

Tlaloc turns to Sven, scratching his head, "You got any other leads we could follow? I'm out of ideas here..."

The half-orc ponders for a moment and says, "Well, I know that some families are visiting the Herd from a couple other tribes, including the Pack, the Brood, and the Flock. We could ask them a few questions. I would advise against aggression, though."

Comment

[could you provide a link to the archived material?]
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[GM's note: Here's the thread. The later parts are inaccessible, though... http://web.archive.org/web/201308281...5e-Campaign%29]

Comment

[GM's Note: Anyone home?]

Comment

[to pick up the pieces, it is hard]

"Could we talk to some of the people visiting from other tribes? We could maybe split up to do that so as not to intimidate them by numbers."

sigpic

Comment

Strangeoak looks at Garsen and nods in agreement, "The Cleric speaks Wisdom." Sven then asks, "Who's going to talk to which group?"

Comment

"I'll go to the Flock. Anyone coming with me?"
                              "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                              -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              I support the :
                              sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X