Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Pest Control (D&D 3.5e), Continued!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Great, now we're gonna have to find a new cleric... ]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

(Garsen/Caden)

Zeke's attention immediately snaps to you, changing his facial tone from irate to slightly embarrassed (it's like he let the cat out of the bag or something). He gives you a stern eye and says, "Look, I shouldn't even be saying this to an outsider, but I guess I already let it slip... there's been rumors that something big is brewing. We've heard that the Murder- a tribe of raiders- has gotten involved with someone or something. There's also talk that they were let into the recent tribal gathering, but our leader hasn't said a peep about what happened there. It's got people nervous, so me and Mary have been trying to get Isla and this bull-headed son-in-law of mine to move to the Pack to protect them and our grandchild. We're a larger tribe, and we've got far more warriors on our side."
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Garsen says thoughtfully, "Huh. The Bull has been quite tight-lipped about what happened there too, and his guards were kept away from the main event, which seems unusual. It's got some of the druids here mighty spooked."
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[ Try asking the obvious!!!!! Who are these Murder guys and where do they live?]

Alvara clears her throat politely since her partner has evidently lost his tongue, "Pardon, but why is your Uncle with the Flock presently? Is it his normal practice to travel?"
          Last edited by Teallaura; 03-15-2014, 02:05 PM.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

"The Murder? What is their connection to the other tribes?"
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

(John/Alvara)
              Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Alvara clears her throat politely since her partner has evidently lost his tongue, "Pardon, but why is your Uncle with the Flock presently? Is it his normal practice to travel?"
              He replies, "MINE- Our uncle is the chieftain of- MINE- the Flock. Naturally, he- MINE- represents our tribe in- MINE- our affairs."

(Garsen/Caden)
              Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              "The Murder? What is their connection to the other tribes?"
              Zeke replies, "Normally they wouldn't. The Murder is a pack of brutal savages who pillage anything worth fighting over. Since I can remember, they've been forbidden to come anywhere near the other tribes."

Comment

"Can you tell us about how large The Murder is, and where to find them? It sounds like I wouldn't want to run into them by accident."
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

(Garsen/Caden)
                  Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  "Can you tell us about how large The Murder is, and where to find them? It sounds like I wouldn't want to run into them by accident."
                  Zeke responds, "They're nomadic like us, so their location changes... even more frequently, since they're raiders. They're nowhere's near as big as the other tribes, but what they lack in numbers they make up for in sheer bloodlust."

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                    (Sea/Car)

Cleopatra pipes up and says, "Not particularly, no... it just seems like there's some tension these days when I mention my parent's tribe."
                    [Let's go with the obvious but likely to fail.]

"Any idea why?"
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• (Sea/Car)

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                      "Any idea why?"
                      Cleo shrugs, "Eh, your guess is as good as mine. Could be a feud between tribal leaders or even something like a harmless prank gone wrong."

Comment

• "My guess is most certainly NOT as good as yours. I am not a member of any tribe, nor am I privy to the goings-on of everyday life. You at least have some facts upon which to draw conclusions. Why not use those?"

[Yay for a smart character that can use real words!]
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                          (John/Alvara)

He replies, "MINE- Our uncle is the chieftain of- MINE- the Flock. Naturally, he- MINE- represents our tribe in- MINE- our affairs."

"Oh, your pardon, I didn't realize your Uncle is a chieftain. Must be a very busy job, traveling between tribes so much..."

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• (Sea/Car)
                            Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            "My guess is most certainly NOT as good as yours. I am not a member of any tribe, nor am I privy to the goings-on of everyday life. You at least have some facts upon which to draw conclusions. Why not use those?"

[Yay for a smart character that can use real words!]
                            She looks rather crossly at you. "As a matter of fact, your guess IS as good as mine. This sudden dislike of the Herd just flew out of nowhere. There's no apparent reason why it happened."

(John/Alvara)
                            Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            "Oh, your pardon, I didn't realize your Uncle is a chieftain. Must be a very busy job, traveling between tribes so much..."
                            Thomas replies, "No worries. MINE- Yes, it can be rather- MINE- taxing on him. He's usually- MINE- tired when he comes back to- MINE- the Flock."

Comment

• Seaendithas raises an eyebrow. "Really? Nothing else happened about the same time?"
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• (Sea/Car)

She replies, "Nothing comes to mind."

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X