Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Pest Control (D&D 3.5e), Continued!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Don't quit your day job to become an interrogator... ]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

(John/Alvara)

Thomas perks up, "That- MINE- Depends. What is of- MINE- interest to- MINE- you?"

(Sea/Car)

Marcus shrugs and says, "Very Well Then." They proceed to make small talk with their hosts.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

[ What are they saying?]
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
          [ What are they saying?]
          The topics cover the following:
          -Recent ailments they had gotten over (Marcus's indigestion and Cleopatra's chest pains)
          -Random Gossip (ie, apparently, such and such a tribe over in southeastern Maltha had decided to settled down in one location to become a farming community. Also, apparently a mutual acquaintance of theirs- using an unsavory term to describe her- might be pregnant again.)
          -The quality of life living here in The Herd in contrast to the Brood (Cleo's originally from The Herd, so these must be her parents they are staying with. Cleo likes it there, her parents like it here.)

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
            (John/Alvara)

Thomas perks up, "That- MINE- Depends. What is of- MINE- interest to- MINE- you?"

(Sea/Car)

Marcus shrugs and says, "Very Well Then." They proceed to make small talk with their hosts.
            [Great! Now I don't know what to say...]
            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
            -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I support the :
            sigpic

Comment

Caden nods respectfully to his hosts and says, "Thank you for your hospitality."

[I don't suppose either of us has ranks in diplomacy?]
              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

[You do remember why we're here, right?

CV, did that conference they had have a name or do we just call it 'that gathering of leaders a while back'?]
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Garsen says, "Please forgive my outsider ignorance, but I don't understand. Why is Lyle bull-headed? Does it have something to do with this camp's leader?"

[no, and my charisma score isn't great. Any help you can give is appreciated.]
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                    -The quality of life living here in The Herd in contrast to the Brood (Cleo's originally from The Herd, so these must be her parents they are staying with. Cleo likes it there, her parents like it here.)
                    [I'd like more specifics on this one, please.]
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Garsen says, "Please forgive my outsider ignorance, but I don't understand. Why is Lyle bull-headed? Does it have something to do with this camp's leader?"

[no, and my charisma score isn't great. Any help you can give is appreciated.]
                      [I'm a fighter with no ranks in diplomacy. I was tempted to try to make some sort of pun related to calling him bull-headed in the camp of the Bull, but my character's INT is higher than his CHA. I think our best bet is to be as natural and respectful as possible, maybe see what sorts of things we can get the curmudgeonly patriarch to reveal on his own.]
                      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

(Alvara/John)
                        Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        CV, did that conference they had have a name or do we just call it 'that gathering of leaders a while back'?]
                        [GM's note: I didn't give it a name. Just call it "The Conference" ]

(Sea/Car)
                        Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                        [I'd like more specifics on this one, please.]
                        Cleo has been trying to persuade her parents to come live with the Brood. She says that her newfound tribe has better relations with the others, but her parents insist that they would hate to leave their kin and start over with a foreign group.

(Garsen/Caden)

Lyle Replies to Caden, "Thank you."

Zeke responds to Garsen, "Not a problem... I wouldn't suspect an outsider to know much about tribal relations. 'Course, you're pretty close. 'Bull-Headed' is a- how do you say- condescending term for people of the Herd; just like we call The Brood, "Backstabbers" or the Flock, "Bird-Brains". I never really liked Lyle, but since our daughter eloped, I don't have much choice in the matter...."

Comment

[Okay, IC, you want to know about the conference. What was Bull like when they saw him? Did they notice anything strange? What about their own representative - what's he/she been like since the conference? ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[Thanks,Teal!]
                            "How was Bull's attitude when you guys saw him?"
                            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                            -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            I support the :
                            sigpic

Comment

Garsen says, "Speaking of the different tribes, I've heard that The Bull has been rather more, er, bull-headed than usual since the recent Gathering. Do you know anything that might have been different at that Gathering than past Gatherings? Has your own leader been acting any differently since then?"
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

(John/Alvara)
                                Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                                "How was Bull's attitude when you guys saw him?"
                                "The Bull? He seemed- MINE- a little more- MINE- Melancholy than usual when we arrived here, but- MINE- other than that we haven't- MINE- been around him that much."

(Caden/Garsen)
                                Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Garsen says, "Speaking of the different tribes, I've heard that The Bull has been rather more, er, bull-headed than usual since the recent Gathering. Do you know anything that might have been different at that Gathering than past Gatherings? Has your own leader been acting any differently since then?"
                                Zeke replies, "I wouldn't know, personally, but Mary keeps hearing things 'round the rumor mill. Apparently, our leader hasn't said a peep about what happened there, and it's gotten people mighty spooked."

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X