Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good. Although I wouldn't even want to use a bump stock. Way too inaccurate the way it bounces the gun around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Good. Although I wouldn't even want to use a bump stock. Way too inaccurate the way it bounces the gun around.
      Anyway, I've got catapults...... so there!
      Two of them shoot arrows, even.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Anyway, I've got catapults...... so there!
        Two of them shoot arrows, even.
        Wouldn't that be a ballista?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
          Just for fun, a Smith & Wesson 500 vs a watermelon.

I may have already said this --- I only shot a 500 one time.
          I can check that off my bucket list as something I do not need to do again.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I may have already said this --- I only shot a 500 one time.
            I can check that off my bucket list as something I do not need to do again.
            Felt it in the wrists, didn't ya?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Felt it in the wrists, didn't ya?
              and my ankles, and eyebrows, and buttocks....

One other guy who shot it that day wasn't holding firmly enough, and he allowed the recoil to drive the firearm up and back and conk him in the forehead - actually left a 'dimple' in his forehead above his left eye for quite some time.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

and my ankles, and eyebrows, and buttocks....

One other guy who shot it that day wasn't holding firmly enough, and he allowed the recoil to drive the firearm up and back and conk him in the forehead - actually left a 'dimple' in his forehead above his left eye for quite some time.
                Back when my father was in the hospital during his first heart attack they rushed a kid into the emergency room who basically pistol-whipped himself firing a .44 Magnum.

Either Dirty Harry or Magnum Force had been on TV, and this kid decided to take his father's pistol (a long-barreled .44 Magnum) out and fire it one-handed like Dirty Harry. The recoil caused him to smash himself across the eye. Apparently as he staggered back from the blow, he managed to pull the trigger again (my brother's .44 had a incredibly sensitive hair trigger so it can see this happening), and smacked himself across the other eye.

Both eyes were swollen completely shut.

Comment

Back when my father was in the hospital during his first heart attack they rushed a kid into the emergency room who basically pistol-whipped himself firing a .44 Magnum.

Either Dirty Harry or Magnum Force had been on TV, and this kid decided to take his father's pistol (a long-barreled .44 Magnum) out and fire it one-handed like Dirty Harry. The recoil caused him to smash himself across the eye. Apparently as he staggered back from the blow, he managed to pull the trigger again (my brother's .44 had a incredibly sensitive hair trigger so it can see this happening), and smacked himself across the other eye.

Both eyes were swollen completely shut.
                  Were you the guy who showed the video of the woman shooting a shotgun by holding it out in front of her, and it mule-kicked her in the face when she shot it?

Comment

Were you the guy who showed the video of the woman shooting a shotgun by holding it out in front of her, and it mule-kicked her in the face when she shot it?
                    There are a number of videos and gifs depicting people doing that. I've posted a couple of them.

Comment

There are a number of videos and gifs depicting people doing that. I've posted a couple of them.
                      One of my favorites was a couple of ISIS guys firing a shoulder-fired missile, with one of them standing about 6 feet behind it. Absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Wouldn't that be a ballista?
                        Nooooooo!
                        Yellow bands pull 25lbs (130yards with a heavy arrow), black bands pull 40lbs (150yards with heavy arrow). ........ at the band lengths chosen. (20 years ago)
                        The sling has reached 250 yds with a perfect pebble (40 years ago.)
                        The lead balls used to go right through pheasants. (not peasants, you understand...I never shot a peasant) (30 years ago)
                        P1020961.JPG

Comment

Nooooooo!
                          Yellow bands pull 25lbs (130yards with a heavy arrow), black bands pull 40lbs (150yards with heavy arrow). ........ at the band lengths chosen. (20 years ago)
                          The sling has reached 250 yds with a perfect pebble (40 years ago.)
                          The lead balls used to go right through pheasants. (not peasants, you understand...I never shot a peasant) (30 years ago)
                          P1020961.JPG
                          Cool. We called them wrist rockets and could launch ball bearings and arrows

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Comment

Cool. We called them wrist rockets and could launch ball bearings and arrows

maxresdefault (1).jpg
                            Ball bearings are not much good. And they bounce off so many surfaces.
                            Lead balls sink so much more energy in to the target.

To gain accuracy with arrows I had to have an arrow rest as shown, and the knocking point was only for arrows.

Every time I see young men slinging stones in middle eastern riots I know how deadly and accurate these can be and at such long distances.

Comment

Ball bearings are not much good. And they bounce off so many surfaces.
                              Lead balls sink so much more energy in to the target.

To gain accuracy with arrows I had to have an arrow rest as shown, and the knocking point was only for arrows.

Every time I see young men slinging stones in middle eastern riots I know how deadly and accurate these can be and at such long distances.
                              Slingers were incredibly deadly in ancient warfare but rarely get their due.

Comment

Slingers were incredibly deadly in ancient warfare but rarely get their due.
                                Absolutely!

Arthur Conan Doyle's description of a Spanish company of slinger's destroying an English company of archers in 'The White Company' offers a very good description of what slingers in the right situation could do.

I always wanted to bring down a wildfowl with a pebble, came so close but never did it. But where widgeon were laying in the middle of a wide creek and beyond range I often lifted them off by dropping stones among them, and they never knew which way to fly, thus giving me so many successful shots.

,,,,those were the days.....

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X