Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Rogue makes some interesting brews, like Voodoo Donut and New Crustacean.
    I really like their Dead Guy ale.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I recently tried Rebel Rouser Double IPA from Sam Adams. It was definitely a slap to my taste buds with bitterness but I definitely like it.
      "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
      -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I had a Green Flash Palate Wrecker (imperial IPA) yesterday. That was nicely hoppy.

Who wants fizzy yellow beer when you can have something decent instead?
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I had a Green Flash Palate Wrecker (imperial IPA) yesterday. That was nicely hoppy.

Who wants fizzy yellow beer when you can have something decent instead?
          I'm not sure I understand that much-vaulted hop taste, but then I'm not much of a beer drinker. 'Hoppy' seems to equal 'strange bitter flower taste', in my estimation. When I drink beer, it tends to be the darker stuff (Dos Equis Ambar, Guinness). I can stomach stuff like Fat Tire and Blue Moon, though.
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
            I'm not sure I understand that much-vaulted hop taste, but then I'm not much of a beer drinker. 'Hoppy' seems to equal 'strange bitter flower taste', in my estimation. When I drink beer, it tends to be the darker stuff (Dos Equis Ambar, Guinness). I can stomach stuff like Fat Tire and Blue Moon, though.
            Double IPAs (and triple/imperial IPAs) tend to be sweeter because there's so much hops in them. I also like darker stuff like stouts/imperial stouts and porters. Try Founder's Breakfast Stout sometime.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I really like Scottish ales.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I've been trying local beer as of late. I bought a cheap 15-pack of Müs Knuckle Lager, and it's good... Normally, I prefer heavier beers, but Lagers are great for Summertime.
                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

I tried a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout yesterday which was surprisingly underwhelming. It's a coffee stout, but I could barely taste any coffee flavor, let alone a hint of bourbon.

sigpic

Comment

Dark beer for me. Black Butte. http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/63/198/
                    Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                      Almost as good as Guinness.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Recently I tried Not Your Father's Root Beer (alcoholic root beer). It hits at first with the normal sweetness that you would expect from a root beer but then the bitter aftertaste is definitely overwhelming. I don't recommend it at all. The flavor is weird and shifts from one extreme to the other with little transition in between.
                        "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                        -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                          Recently I tried Not Your Father's Root Beer (alcoholic root beer). It hits at first with the normal sweetness that you would expect from a root beer but then the bitter aftertaste is definitely overwhelming. I don't recommend it at all. The flavor is weird and shifts from one extreme to the other with little transition in between.
                          Most beers in that category (and most fruit beers) have a wheat base. Since I don't care much for wheat beer, there are very few of them I like; I like Crabbie's ginger beers, and I've found one peach beer that I like (Lindemans Peche), but that's it so far.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                            I tried this stuff last night. I thought it tasted about like regular root beer.

Do you drink coffee? I'm curious about your sensitivity to bitterness (apparently I don't have much, I like my coffee super bold) because I didn't notice a bitter after taste to the beer. Granted, I only took a single swig cause I was mostly working on my Samuel Adams Octoberfest.
                            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Local beers!

I tried Vanillaphant from Avondale brewing company. It's a really delicious porter and reminds me of Guinness with vanilla mixed in. I also tried Black Warrior's Apricot Wheat. Very nice wheat ale with apricot and tastes well balanced between sweet and bitter. It doesn't sway too strongly one way or the other.
                              -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                                I tried this stuff last night. I thought it tasted about like regular root beer.

Do you drink coffee? I'm curious about your sensitivity to bitterness (apparently I don't have much, I like my coffee super bold) because I didn't notice a bitter after taste to the beer. Granted, I only took a single swig cause I was mostly working on my Samuel Adams Octoberfest.
                                I do drink coffee occasionally. I can only have decaf, though. I don't really like my coffee super bold so there could be a tasting preference difference between you and me on that accord.
                                -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X