Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Raw almonds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    I am not sure I understand.
    Never mind. Bill knows what I was scolding him for.

Did the article you read about soaking the nuts refer to salted water? Or did they recommend just plain water?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

How did the roasting work out?
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        How did the roasting work out?
        I haven't roasted them yet. They are still sitting in my freezer. Nor have I had any of the others since the 17th.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Did the article you read about soaking the nuts refer to salted water? Or did they recommend just plain water?
          No mention of salt. It may remove more phytic acid than otherwise, but I'm not sure it's using salt to "salt" the phytic acid??
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
            No mention of salt. It may remove more phytic acid than otherwise, but I'm not sure it's using salt to "salt" the phytic acid??
            The couple of articles I read said to soak in salted water. That helps remove the enzymes that may cause allergies. Don't know about the phytic acid.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X