Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Video Game Music Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    Since finishing Kirby: Planet Robobot again, I've gotten this rather epic piece stuck in my head. Normally I'm not crazy about electric guitars, but I think this piece handles them very well.

Galacta knight theme. Best kirby boss theme imo.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      I'm looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles 2*. Until then, Splatoon 2!

*And Super Mario Odyssey, Metroid Samus Returns, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Metroid Prime 4.
      I can cross Super Mario Odyssey and Metroid Samus Returns off my list for waiting. Jump Up Superstar, and Escape are probably the most interesting music for Mario. Magmoor Caverns theme makes a return in Metroid Samus Returns. Oh, and DragonBall Xenoverse 2 on the Switch is really fun.

Comment

• I haven't played Katamari Damacy in a while, but for some reason I got this cute and catchy tune from it into my head.

~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• I've been entranced by most of the soundtrack to Nier: Automata lately; the game is weird but good--and if I'm understanding it correctly, the game is a Shinto polemic against a Western philosophical/Christian theological understanding of personhood.

But the soundtrack is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rayado View Post
            I've been entranced by most of the soundtrack to Nier: Automata lately; the game is weird but good--and if I'm understanding it correctly, the game is a Shinto polemic against a Western philosophical/Christian theological understanding of personhood.

But the soundtrack is amazing.
            Yeah, what I've heard of the Drakengard games (of which Nier: Automata is related to) are a regular acid trip... But the soundtracks are awesome.
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Here's one that got stuck in my head as of late.

~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

Here's one that got stuck in my head as of late.

The following is what has been going through mine.

Comment

• Along my travels, I came across this interesting video which talks about advice for those who compose for video games. Though it's meant more as an advisory, I found it interesting to see how far game tunes have come over the last 35 years or so.

~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

• Bought this soundtrack a while back. One of my favorite tunes from the game.

Also, when I was playing through Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter, this song started playing when you starthe, "You're allowed to lose here without a Game Over, but you get goodies for winning," Boss Fight. It was epic.

Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Inspired by TheWall's Castlevania thread...

Hard games (though 2 isn't bad), but some neat music in them.
                      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

• https://store.steampowered.com/app/238910/Bionic_Dues/

Not sure if I posted this one before, but I ended up really liking the theme of Bionic Dues.

Comment

• Because of this, I now have the following stuck in my head and wish to share the burden.

~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

Because of this, I now have the following stuck in my head and wish to share the burden.

Looking forward to the one coming to the Switch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              Looking forward to the one coming to the Switch?
                              I didn't know there was a sequel on its way. We don't have a Switch so we can't play it anyway. But that's okay; I'm happy with the many games we have already.
                              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

I didn't know there was a sequel on its way. We don't have a Switch so we can't play it anyway. But that's okay; I'm happy with the many games we have already.
                                Yeah, I never played the series before, and they just announced it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe you can get a Switch later. A new Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, and much more coming out. Some really good stuff out now, like Super Mario Odyssey, and Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Comment