Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Video Game Music Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Gear Solid 2 Main Theme on piano, by the same, also recorded during one of his Twitch streams.

Comment

Piano cover of Bonjo Tooie's Jolly Roger's Lagoon, also by Kyle Landry.

Comment

Donkey Kong Country - Aquatic Ambiance covered by KL on piano.

Comment

Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Theme (piano cover)

Comment

Kyle Landry also did a piano duet cover of Gerudo Valley from LoZ: OoT with another talented YT pianist, Frank Tedesco.

Comment

Each year Kyle Landry releases an improvisation on the soundtrack "Dearly Beloved" from Kingdom Hearts. Here's every single version so far, from the year 2008, up until the year 2014.

The one I heard first, and my personal favorite is the 2011 version. I also like the 2014 version as well.

Comment

I don't have the game, but I love watching online livestreamers play Killer Instinct. A big part is the music. Here's some of my favorites (that I can post without breaking decorum, one of my favs has one swear word ):

For Chrawnus :

Comment

Oh, were we posting music with lyrics now?

Let's go for one game that had an extreme case of the how did you get THIS level of musical talent and virtuosity in an everyyear JRPG?

Ar Tonelico. Mostly it's an animu RPG about a floating futuristic city controlled by song magic. There's a lot of odd not-even Japanese scripts going around, and from what I can gather it's their own made-up language designed to be sung mixed with computer terminal commands. But most of the walking-around and dungeon music you start out with is nothing particularly special (it gets MUCH better in the second half.)

Then, when you actually fight the first real boss, a sort of embodied super-virus that can only be exorcised by literally singing the anti-virus program, all of the previous low-effort synth drops and you see why they actually pulled the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra for the game:

And since the RPG is also a sort-of dating sim, you get another one for the other girl you can choose, although the tone is considerably different:

To recap: They wrote songs this good, in a made-up language, that most certainly did match the tone of the character in-game, with lyrics in both that made-up language and Japanese, made to harmonize, for what was otherwise an utterly conventional RPG.

Oh, and both of these pale in comparison to the music for the actual last boss:

To have gotten that in-game, you would have had to do all sorts of mostly bland dungeons and filler fetch quests, so you better be grateful.

Comment

Just released today for the new character in Killer Instinct 3.

And its so face-meltingly amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
                      Just released today for the new character in Killer Instinct 3.

And its so face-meltingly amazing
                      *Scrapes up face and reattaches it*

Yup. Also found Fulgore's Theme, and loved every second of it.
                      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Another one that's got stuck in my head as of late, but a pretty epic one at that.

~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Another one that's been stuck in my head today.

~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

One more that's got stuck in my head recently, along with all the rest of the soundtrack from the same game.

~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

So, I recently played through Donkey Kong Country 3, a game that I've loved since childhood. It's 19 years old, and it's still fun to play (and looks good to boot).

Also... Awesome Soundtrack.

Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

The recently released Undertale had some amazing music:

Comment