Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christian Group Purchases Abortion Clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Group Purchases Abortion Clinic

This may be old news, but as a board member of one of the involved organizations, I wasn't free to speak about this publicly until last Thursday.

When the abortion clinic closed down, there was interest from a coalition of Christian organizations to purchase the facility and offer pregnancy services.

The chain link fence and barbed wire (literally) have been removed, the "Planned Parenthood" sign has been removed, and a whole new life radiates from the facility.

This facility was often used as a backdrop when TV reports were being done on abortion in Texas, and there was often a "24 hour prayer chain" operating in front of the facility, people kneeling and praying for the women going in and out when it was an abortion clinic. I have prayed there numerous times.

At first, there was an attempt to form a third party LLC or entity to purchase, as it was thought that Planned Parenthood would never sell to a Christian group. More and more, we felt this was borderline deception, and if God was "in this", we didn't need the secrecy. Long story short, an agreement was reached, and pro-life pregnancy services are now being offered in a facility that once saw many human lives snuffed out.

Source: LifeNews.com

In August 2013, the Planned Parenthood abortion facility once managed by Abby Johnson officially closed their doors. In 2009, Johnson resigned from her position with the abortion giant after observing an ultrasound-guided abortion. She is now pro-life and wrote a best-selling book exposing Planned Parenthood’s secrets.

plannedparenthood128The closure of her former clinic, which was located in Bryan, Texas, came after Gov. Rick Perry signed a bill banning abortion after 20 weeks and holds abortion clinics accountable to higher safety standards. The legislation, House Bill 2 (HB2), received national attention because it closed 14 of 23 Texas abortion facilities or prohibited them from offering abortion “services.”

© Copyright Original Source

Source
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Blessed be the Lord.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

This is a picture of from the "bad old days".

abortion clinic.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is amazing that God can turn what was meant for evil into something used for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          It is amazing that God can turn what was meant for evil into something used for good.
          Which is exactly why it was thought, "why try to hide the fact that we're purchasing this for God's Glory --- God will BLESS the effort".

And He did, and is.

Comment

This is interesting ... the "other side" views this as "sneaky"....

Source: Care2.com

Anti-Abortion Groups Sneaks Into Old Planned Parenthood Building

Like many of the reproductive health clinics and abortion clinics forced to close in Texas over the last few years, the loss of the Planned Parenthood affiliate in Bryan Station, Texas, was heavily felt by its community. In part impacted by the state legislature’s anti-choice agenda, which stripped and defunded Planned Parenthood clinics and stopped them from being able to offer testing for STIs, birth control options and other family planning and sexual health services, the clinic closed like so many others in the state, an event that caused a crisis in women’s health.

The situation became so volatile, even massively anti-abortion legislators agreed that family planning and sexual health clinics needed to be supported again. That was no doubt part of what led to the Bryan Station community’s excitement when it learned that a “sexually-transmitted disease clinic” would be moving in to the old Planned Parenthood building next year.

The problem? It’s also housing an anti-abortion activist group.

They don't even know that it's "Bryan, Texas" -- they cite "Bryan Station, Texas". It's a twin cities kind of thing ... Bryan / College Station.
            Last edited by Cow Poke; 01-22-2015, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Who urinated in their cereal?
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

"Sneaks"? Really? Good thing you listened to the Holy Spirit about using that LLC! There no way they really can claim Planned Parenthood didn't know who they were dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                  "Sneaks"? Really? Good thing you listened to the Holy Spirit about using that LLC! There no way they really can claim Planned Parenthood didn't know who they were dealing with.
                  I think this may be like when Israel blows up a facility in Iran, and the US has to feign shock and disapproval.

Comment

Comment

I think this is the ultimate in hypocrisy, from that same article...

Source: care2.com

It’s also interesting to speculate the ways in which Texas taxpayers themselves are likely subsidizing the 40 Days for Life operation, now that it will be residing in a building that likely is receiving state funds as part of Texas’s policy of giving taxpayer dollars to pregnancy centers. Although the state may not be writing 40 Days a check directly, no doubt it will be benefiting financially from its relationship with Hope Pregnancy Center, which the state provides funding to.

The way these bloodthirsty babykillers move money around and use taxpayer funding to accomplish their murders....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        This is a picture of from the "bad old days".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3587[/ATTACH]
                        Abortion doesn't always stop a beating heart. At least I don't think an embryo implants after it forms a heart.
                        Last edited by Ana Dragule; 04-29-2015, 12:19 PM.
                        I am become death...

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to the facility after it was purchased, like what is there today?
                          The impression I got from the second article posted from the other side is that other services besides abortion were also offered, hence they were able to word it that way. If this is true, is there an alternative offered? I know in CA, Planned Parenthood is a women's health provider as well as likely source of abortion.
                          I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                            Does anyone know what happened to the facility after it was purchased, like what is there today?
                            The impression I got from the second article posted from the other side is that other services besides abortion were also offered, hence they were able to word it that way. If this is true, is there an alternative offered? I know in CA, Planned Parenthood is a women's health provider as well as likely source of abortion.
                            Yes, it's there today, and is being used as a pregnancy center and clinic. Planned Parenthood is kicked out, and Christians run it. Instead of counseling women to have abortions, they're encouraging them not to, and providing prenatal, postnatal, children's services, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Yes, it's there today, and is being used as a pregnancy center and clinic. Planned Parenthood is kicked out, and Christians run it. Instead of counseling women to have abortions, they're encouraging them not to, and providing prenatal, postnatal, children's services, etc.
                              That is one of the best Christian responses I have heard of to abortion. God bless them.
                              I am become death...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X