Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

American Sniper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Interestingly, during her dressing down of Rogen and Moore[1] you could actually hear Rosie O'Donnell cheering her on But O'Donnell recovered when the token conservative on the show agreed with Goldberg and defended the duo.

1. "We stood behind you Seth with your movie, and we said you had the right to make the movie you wanted to make. Give them the same respect, because we stood behind them. Michael Moore, you know better." She continued, "My brother came through the ’60s. If you've ever been to war, you can call people all kinds of names. Until the bombs are exploding around you, and people are dying around you, you need to be a little more sensitive, dudes. I get that you’re creative types, but so are they. So back up, or not?"
    I should note that O'Donnell defended Rogen and Moore after first cheering Whoopi on during her chastisement since what I wrote was far from clear

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Moore is just a narcissist who is afraid of fading away, so he rides the coat-tails of success by making outrageous comments that are designed to provoke a reaction. He is just a troll. An attention hound. Look at how much press he is getting over this. Without him saying crap like this, he would be forgotten in a heartbeat because nobody cares about him. He is a has-been.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
        Snipers are only bad if they're not on your side.
        In the early days of sniperdom, it was thought that snipery was a "low blow", and not proper for real battle.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          In the early days of sniperdom, it was thought that snipery was a "low blow", and not proper for real battle.
          The armies also used to wear bright colors and just stand in a line and shoot at each other. I am sure the British didn't like the American Revolutionary tactics of hiding in the woods behind cover and shooting them dead.

Comment

All under the premise that combat is supposed to be "fair" when the real goal is to have the most unfair advantage in your favor as possible.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Michael Moore is a populist faker.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                The armies also used to wear bright colors and just stand in a line and shoot at each other. I am sure the British didn't like the American Revolutionary tactics of hiding in the woods behind cover and shooting them dead.
                Cosby loved to talk about that.... the coin toss...

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  All under the premise that combat is supposed to be "fair" when the real goal is to have the most unfair advantage in your favor as possible.
                  I think that's why Vietnam was so tough for us -- we were still fighting a "conventional" (and political) war while "Charlie" was doing whatever it took.

Comment

I think that's why Vietnam was so tough for us -- we were still fighting a "conventional" (and political) war while "Charlie" was doing whatever it took.
                    Yep. I think we learned a lot during that war. But we are still making a lot of the same mistakes in the middle east.

Comment

Yep. I think we learned a lot during that war. But we are still making a lot of the same mistakes in the middle east.
                      Yeah, all this "Americans are better than that" stuff, while the enemy has no rules. Very much like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Comment

FUN FACT: If you BBQ Michael Moore, you can feed the Boston metropolitan area.

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
                          FUN FACT: If you BBQ Michael Moore, you can feed the Boston metropolitan area.
                          But with all that FAT, it would take WEEKS to put out the fire!

Comment

and they would all end up with food poisoning.

Comment

Moore is just a narcissist who is afraid of fading away, so he rides the coat-tails of success by making outrageous comments that are designed to provoke a reaction. He is just a troll. An attention hound. Look at how much press he is getting over this. Without him saying crap like this, he would be forgotten in a heartbeat because nobody cares about him. He is a has-been.
                              Speaking of which, American Sniper is now the top-grossing war-themed film of all time in North America passing Saving Private Ryan.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not sure that it's true but I've heard that the reason that the British wore red is so that it would be harder for the enemy to see if they were wounded.

Comment