Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Business Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    'Can' and 'is a good idea' are two different things.
    I don't think you are familiar with those office collections of software. A spreadsheet and a picture in the same Word page.

In a Word page, you can invoke Excel to create a spreadsheet and then go on to create an image using what is it, Paintbrush? Or in a spreadsheet, create an image in a cell using Paintbrush.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
      I don't think you are familiar with those office collections of software. A spreadsheet and a picture in the same Word page.

In a Word page, you can invoke Excel to create a spreadsheet and then go on to create an image using what is it, Paintbrush? Or in a spreadsheet, create an image in a cell using Paintbrush.
      Oh, I've seen that - it's pretty cool. No, the guy I was talking about was using Word to do Excel's job - I was impressed he got as good a result as he did but it was still a lot of extra work that Excel could have easily done for him.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Oh, I've seen that - it's pretty cool. No, the guy I was talking about was using Word to do Excel's job - I was impressed he got as good a result as he did but it was still a lot of extra work that Excel could have easily done for him.
        I worked with a guy that did sketches in Excel by properly sizing cells and carefully shading the proper ones. The one I saw had plan and elevation views of a built-in desk. It was pretty ridiculous.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by carrikature View Post
          i worked with a guy that did sketches in excel by properly sizing cells and carefully shading the proper ones. The one i saw had plan and elevation views of a built-in desk. It was pretty ridiculous.
          wow.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment