Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pop preachers and their heretical beliefs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop preachers and their heretical beliefs

Creflo Dollar – Elevating Adam to God status (among other nonsense)

“ That was God in that body, we always think of that with the last Adam but we never say that with the first Adam. It was God. God took a reflection of Himself and put it in a physical body formed out of the dust and gave him authority of all physical things on the planet. So that like He was God in heaven, now He’s made Adam God of the earth. Adam has been crowned God of all physical things from the dust of the earth including the moon the stars and the planets. I’m going to show you all thin in Scripture but just follow me now… I’m just askin’ you to trust me for a minute until I open the Bible”.

“Mars and Venus and Jupiter, all of the handiwork of God was now placed in the authority of the God of the earth. And here’s what He told him. He said I want you to guard it and keep out all intruders. Now that gives us a little insight on why When God made Adam all he did was make an exact imprint of hisself. He duplicated himself, he was the image and from his image came hisself…”

“Everything that God has made. He has given man authority over His handiwork. [speaking in tongues] even the moon.” “I believe with all my heart that those planets out there are just a bunch of unfinished work that God was designing for man to finish as they entered into God training 101. Now, let’s get back to scripture”

(Our Equality with God through Righteousness 1/21/2001)

Retrieved from http://www.letusreason.org/Poptea16.htm
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Jesse Duplantis – Claims to have seen the risen Lord

I have met and/or spoken to Jesus
    "Jesus was taller than I thought He would be. I would guess Him to be from five feet eleven inches to six feet one inch. I thought at first His hair was white, but when He turned His head, I caught a glance and saw that it was light brown. When He looked at me, the glory of God was emanating from Him. I said, "Jesus!" He said simply, "Do you like this place?" I said, "Yes, Sir"

Jesse Duplantis (Heaven: Close Encounters of the God Kind. p.89)

Retrieved from http://www.bereanfaith.com/heresy.ph...on=aquote&id=9
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Joyce Meyer – Unscriptural teaching on the 3 days Jesus was dead

“And you’ve got to really glean some things out of the Word of God to really get hold of what He [Jesus] did for you during those three days.”

“Jesus said, ‘It is finished.’ And He meant the Old Covenant. The job He had to do was just getting started. He really did the job the three days and nights that He was in hell. That’s where the job was done”

“He was pronounced guilty on the cross but He paid the price in hell.”

“All the hosts of hell was [sic] upon Him. Upon Him. They got on Him. They got Him down in the floor and got on Him. And they were laughing and mocking.”

“Sunday morning, here comes the Son. Sunday morning, God gets Himself together. Ho, hoooo. Justice has been met, somehow the thing’s been taken care of. And ol’ God gets His voice together and He hollers out three words and they go roaring through the universe and entering the gates of hell. He said, ‘It is enough! It is enough!”

Joyce Meyer, From the Cross to the Throne, cassette tape, sermon recorded at Life Christian Center in Saint Louis, Mo., no date

Retrieved from http://www.pfo.org/preacher.htm
      That's what
      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Rod Parsley – Word of Faith

"Where there is doubt concerning the will of God, faith very simply cannot exist. I use to pray these words, 'If it be thy will for healing,' before I read and believed God's word. Since I was a good Christian boy, I would get on my knee's like many of you and I'd pray, 'Oh God!' I thought for many years that God's first name was oh. 'Oh God, if it's your will heal this person.' Do you know what my doubt filled prayers produced? Seven members of my immediate family died within 18 months. I practically grew up in a funeral home listening to preacher after preacher explain how it was God's will that another flower was picked for the bouquet in heaven...Let's settle the matter once and for all, God doesn't want you sick."

Rod Parsley, "Healing is the Children's Bread," TBN June 11, 2004

Retrieved from http://www.forgottenword.org/parsley.html
        That's what
        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Benny Hinn - Deification

"Christians are "Little Messiah's and "little gods" on the earth. Thus [Encouraging the audience]...say "I am a God-man....This spirit-man within me is a God-man..." say "I'm born of heaven-a God-man. I'm a God man. I am a sample of Jesus. I'm a super being. Say it! Say it! Who's a super being? "I walk in the realm of the supernatural." Say it!...You want to prosper? Money will be falling on you from left, right and centre. God will begin to prosper you, for money always follows righteousness....Say after me, "everything I ever want is in me already."

Benny Hinn Praise-a-thon TBN November 6, 1990

Retrieved from http://www.afcministry.com/Benny_Hinn.htm
          That's what
          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Kenneth Copeland – Unscriptural teaching on relation of man to God and God to man

Adam committed high treason; and at that point, all the dominion and authority God had given to him was handed over to Satan. Suddenly, God was on the outside looking in…After Adam’s fall, God found Himself in a peculiar position…God needed an avenue back into the earth…God laid out His proposition and Abram accepted it. It gave God access to the earth and gave man access to God..Technically, if God ever broke the Covenant, He would have to destroy Himself."

Kenneth Copeland, Our Covenant with God Fort Worth, TX: KCP Publications, 1987 pp 8-11

"I was shocked when I found out who the biggest failure in the Bible actually is…The biggest one in the whole Bible is God…Now, the reason you don’t think of God as a failure is He never said He’s a failure. And you’re not a failure till you say you’re one."

Kenneth Copeland, Praise-a-Thon program on TBN April 1988.

Retrieved from http://home.computer.net/~cya/cy00052.html
            That's what
            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Marilyn Hickey – Word of Faith

"What do you need? Start creating it. Start speaking about it. Start speaking it into being. Speak to your billfold. Say, "You big, thick billfold full of money." Speak to your checkbook. Say, "You, checkbook, you. You've never been so prosperous since I owned you. You're just jammed full of money."

Marilyn Hickey, "Claim Your Miracles" (Denver: Marilyn Hickey Ministries, n.d.), audiotape #186, side 2

Retrieved from http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/quotes.html
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

More Kenneth Copeland – Unscriptural teaching on relation of man to God and God to man

"It wasn't a physical death on the cross that paid the price for sin...anybody can do that."
                (What Satan Saw on the Day of Pentecost, audiotape #BCC-19, side 1)

"Every prophet that walked the face of the earth under the Abrahamic covenant could have paid the price if it were a physical death only. When He said 'It is finished' on that cross, He was not speaking of the plan of redemption. The plan of redemption had just begun; there were still three days and three nights to be gone through."
                (What Happened from the Cross to the Throne, 1990, audiotape #02-0017, side 2)

"The Spirit of God spoke to me and He said, "Son, realize this. Now follow me in this and don't let your tradition trip you up." He said, "Think this way -- a twice-born man whipped Satan in his own domain." And I threw my Bible down... like that. I said, "What?" He said, "A born-again man defeated Satan, the firstborn of many brethren defeated him." He said, "You are the very image, the very copy of that one." I said, "Goodness, gracious sakes alive!" And I began to see what had gone on in there, and I said, "Well now you don't mean, you couldn't dare mean, that I could have done the same thing?" He said, "Oh yeah, if you'd had the knowledge of the Word of God that He did, you could have done the same thing, 'cause you're a reborn man too."
                (Substitution and Identification, 1989, tape #00-0202, side 2)

Retrieved from http://www.bereanfaith.com/heresy.ph...on=aquote&id=7
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Oh, never mind. I see you already know about that place.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    “And you’ve got to really glean some things out of the Word of God...
                    This is a dead give-away in Joyce's case -- she's about to impart some "special revelation" to which the rest of us are not privy.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm REALLY glad you're back, BTC --- didn't realize how much I've missed you.

And, for the record, some of us are still preaching Christ crucified, buried and risen again!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Amen and pearls to CP!

And to Bill, too!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I didn't realize that Joyce Meyer had gone quite that far. I knew she taught some really weird stuff though. Usually closer to the Word of Faith type junk.

Comment

I'm surprised not to see Joel Osteen yet.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I'm surprised not to see Joel Osteen yet.
                              He was on the original, but I didn't back it up before the crash. These were the originals when I started the thread pre-reincarnation
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment