Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop preachers and their heretical beliefs

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm REALLY glad you're back, BTC --- didn't realize how much I've missed you.

And, for the record, some of us are still preaching Christ crucified, buried and risen again!

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Amen and pearls to CP!

And to Bill, too!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I didn't realize that Joyce Meyer had gone quite that far. I knew she taught some really weird stuff though. Usually closer to the Word of Faith type junk.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm surprised not to see Joel Osteen yet.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I'm surprised not to see Joel Osteen yet.
    He was on the original, but I didn't back it up before the crash. These were the originals when I started the thread pre-reincarnation

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    UdoxChristian/Adoptionist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Faith
    Roman Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Okay, we get it. There are a lot of heretics, always have been, always will be.

8. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Marilyn Hickey – Word of Faith

"What do you need? Start creating it. Start speaking about it. Start speaking it into being. Speak to your billfold. Say, "You big, thick billfold full of money." Speak to your checkbook. Say, "You, checkbook, you. You've never been so prosperous since I owned you. You're just jammed full of money."

Marilyn Hickey, "Claim Your Miracles" (Denver: Marilyn Hickey Ministries, n.d.), audiotape #186, side 2

Retrieved from http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/quotes.html
    Wow... Are these quotes too old for the screwball awards? What's up with these people that think faith= wishes that come true if you believe hard enough?

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Joyce Meyer – Unscriptural teaching on the 3 days Jesus was dead

“And you’ve got to really glean some things out of the Word of God to really get hold of what He [Jesus] did for you during those three days.”

“Jesus said, ‘It is finished.’ And He meant the Old Covenant. The job He had to do was just getting started. He really did the job the three days and nights that He was in hell. That’s where the job was done”

“He was pronounced guilty on the cross but He paid the price in hell.”

“All the hosts of hell was [sic] upon Him. Upon Him. They got on Him. They got Him down in the floor and got on Him. And they were laughing and mocking.”

“Sunday morning, here comes the Son. Sunday morning, God gets Himself together. Ho, hoooo. Justice has been met, somehow the thing’s been taken care of. And ol’ God gets His voice together and He hollers out three words and they go roaring through the universe and entering the gates of hell. He said, ‘It is enough! It is enough!”

Joyce Meyer, From the Cross to the Throne, cassette tape, sermon recorded at Life Christian Center in Saint Louis, Mo., no date

Retrieved from http://www.pfo.org/preacher.htm
    That's pathetic. How do these people find so many suckers? Ok...but for the grace of God, there go I...

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
    That's pathetic. How do these people find so many suckers? Ok...but for the grace of God, there go I...

The reason there are so many "suckers" is because people aren't into the Word enough to be discerning. And let's face it, everybody wants to be healthy and wealthy and have all their troubles addressed by someone who doesn't bother with the core message of repentance and faith in Christ.

There are no "Bible studies" anymore. There are "small groups", in which social and feel-good messages are watched/listened to/read. No actual scripture is studied, and so the problem perpetuates itself.

And it goes all the way back to seminaries, where liberalism has taken over and the gospel has been watered down. The pastors in the pulpits are tickling ears, and the people hearing are not being fed. They don't grow, they accept pap, and the problem grows.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.