Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

LDS church having press conference on "religious freedom and nondiscrimination"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Yeah it's amazing how actually fighting them instead of giving them what they want and shrilly demand really plays into their hands.

I must have missed the part where the gospel discusses employment discrimination.
    Not what I said. I said categorizing people by their sexual orientation is contrary to the gospel.

Liberalism and Mormonism are both cults, but only one of these cults poses a serious threat to me, and it's not the one with the magic underwear. That you would be so petty as to refuse to compliment them when they're doing what you claim is the right thing just shows how cowardly most Christians have become. You can see a similar phenomenon in Christians who aggressively criticize and protest against Muslims but have nothing but anti-discrimination preaching to direct at anyone who fights some faction of the progressive hegemony, even when the latter are far worse than the former. [/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight... you're more okay with the stance that is literally non-Christian than the non-religious stance? Is this one of those friend of my friend is my enemy things? I think you are more invested in politics than Christianity. That's called idolatry.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Not what I said. I said categorizing people by their sexual orientation is contrary to the gospel.
      The gospel discusses "sexual orientation" even less than it discusses employment ethics.

So let me get this straight... you're more okay with the stance that is literally non-Christian than the non-religious stance?
      They are both anti-Christian but liberalism is far more anti-Christian than Mormonism. It's a matter of differing perspectives, where you don't see liberalism as all that anti-Christian because you agree with them on welfare and Mexican invasions or whatever whereas I see them, on the whole, as virulently anti-Christians and an far bigger danger to Christians than Mormons, who are (or rather, were) only a danger to Christians because they abandoned older principles slower than American Protestants and especially Catholics did.

Is this one of those friend of my friend is my enemy things?
      You mean the enemy of my enemy is my friend? No, more like the enemy of my enemy who poses no threat to me and mine is better than my actual enemy.

I think you are more invested in politics than Christianity.
      I am invested in politics because of Christianity. Otherwise I'd probably join the progressive establishment as one of the in the know parasites who uses the mobs of degenerates they've whipped into a frenzy for personal fun and profit.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Tell that to those who insist on categorizing themselves by their sexual orientation.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Tell that to those who insist on categorizing themselves by their sexual orientation.
          That's my point. Why play along with them?
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

That's my point. Why play along with them?
            You're the one playing along with them.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X