Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Cat survives being hit by car, burial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    If you saw pictures of the cat in question "cute" would not be the word you would use to describe it. The poor thing had one side of its face severely damaged.
    In true zombie fashion.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      One of our cats when I was growing up survived getting hit by a car. His face was fine, but it wasn't cheap getting his guts sewn back in place.
      Roughly 15 years ago a friend of mine's dog got hit by a car so he took her to the vet. Apparently the car didn't do much damage and in a way may have saved her life. X-rays revealed that she had been in one of the neighbor's garbage and swallowed beer bottle tops which would have shredded her intestines as they passed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Nice or not it is true.
        If zombie cat decides to eat your brain. Don't say I didn't warn you...
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

On a slightly different note, my youngest daughter had a cat named "Red". Red was just a stray that started hanging around our house, and was a real pest. I REALLY didn't like cats back in those days, and one day I was going out of town, and for whatever reason, Red jumped into my truck.

I smiled, and drove the 120 miles to my client, where Red jumped out and ran away. I felt like I won the lottery. Red did it to himself, I didn't FORCE him into the truck and I didn't kick him out.

About 3 months later, we were eating dinner, and we heard a cat meow. Jenny looked out the window, and shouted "RED -- RED has come BACK!!!!"

Impulsively, I declared, "It CAN'T be RED, I......." and I shut up before I spilled the beans. It WAS Red and he was BACK!

I have to admit, though, he must have learned his lesson, because he was much nicer after that!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              No animals were harmed in the story told in the previous post.

(and I have repented )
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                On a slightly different note, my youngest daughter had a cat named "Red". Red was just a stray that started hanging around our house, and was a real pest. I REALLY didn't like cats back in those days, and one day I was going out of town, and for whatever reason, Red jumped into my truck.

I smiled, and drove the 120 miles to my client, where Red jumped out and ran away. I felt like I won the lottery. Red did it to himself, I didn't FORCE him into the truck and I didn't kick him out.

About 3 months later, we were eating dinner, and we heard a cat meow. Jenny looked out the window, and shouted "RED -- RED has come BACK!!!!"

Impulsively, I declared, "It CAN'T be RED, I......." and I shut up before I spilled the beans. It WAS Red and he was BACK!

I have to admit, though, he must have learned his lesson, because he was much nicer after that!
                Didn't I tell you 125 miles is how... far you... needed to take...

mossy and Teal can see this can't they?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So can I.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

000000000notrogue.jpg

Comment

Bah! Those Jedi tricks don't work on me.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        Bah! Those Jedi tricks don't work on me.

Um... LOOK! A bright shiny quarter!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comment

You have cat to be kitten me right meow!

Comment

Apparently the Tampa Humane Society is refusing to return the cat to its owner, Ellis Hutson and declaring that they're "prepared to fight for the best interests of this cat." They are citing concerns about "home environment and the circumstances leading up to his burial" after a 40 minute meeting with Hutson. Official note they there is no reason not believe the story about what happened to Bart (the aforementioned Zombie Cat) as told by Hutson, who apparently was arrested in 1998 for cruelty to animals although the charges were later thrown out.

Further reading (some pictures are graphic):

Humane Society moves to take ‘Zombie Cat’ from owner over safety concerns

Humane Society of Tampa Bay does not intend to return Bart the 'Zombie Cat'

Custody battle brewing over 'Zombie Cat'

Comment

Hmm.... I kind of wondered about that...the plot thickens...

Comment

Apparently the Tampa Humane Society is refusing to return the cat to its owner, Ellis Hutson and declaring that they're "prepared to fight for the best interests of this cat." They are citing concerns about "home environment and the circumstances leading up to his burial" after a 40 minute meeting with Hutson. Official note they there is no reason not believe the story about what happened to Bart (the aforementioned Zombie Cat) as told by Hutson, who apparently was arrested in 1998 for cruelty to animals although the charges were later thrown out.

Further reading (some pictures are graphic):

Humane Society moves to take ‘Zombie Cat’ from owner over safety concerns

Humane Society of Tampa Bay does not intend to return Bart the 'Zombie Cat'

Custody battle brewing over 'Zombie Cat'
                                For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

It's a cover up! They are doing their best to hide the results of their zombie research program!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X