Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Are there some guy things that just don't jibe with you?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah.
    In school vision problems made a lot of games hard to play.
    Got soccerballs kicked into my nose. Volkeyballs spiked at me. Baseball was the worst. I could hit a softball and pitch ok but I just couldnt hit a baseball.

My stepdad at the time was also a huge bully. Built like marlon brando in his prime. He liked to tase me by saying I was girly. He knew I had vision problems so I loathed playing baseball with him.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Get beaned by a pitch or hit somewhere sensitive by a line drive?

Both. Numerous times. But still loved to play the game.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

tWebber
    Faith
    Bahai / Unitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I occasionally bet on football but it was really just a reason to get together with a bunch of guys cook out and drink beer. I rarely watch a whole game unless its the superbowl or a playoff game for the Packers. I cant stand nascar. if they raced cross country instead of in circles it might be a little more interesting.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Njoroge View Post
    I occasionally bet on football but it was really just a reason to get together with a bunch of guys cook out and drink beer. I rarely watch a whole game unless its the superbowl or a playoff game for the Packers. I cant stand nascar. if they raced cross country instead of in circles it might be a little more interesting.
    Yeah, and they wear those electronic headsets so the pitboss can keep reminding them, "turn left, turn left, turn left....." Very RARELY does one of them turn RIGHT, then there's a whole pileup!

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by supton View Post
    . . . I decided that I was a man simply because I was one. Lousy description, since it fails to describe how I became one: but in terms of living in the here and now, and future, it was sufficent. I don't need to learn how to shave like a man, or watch sports like a man, or drink like a man, or abstain like a man, or ___. I'm a man, therefore, what I do is... manly. Nothing I do makes me manly; the converse does not work.
    This.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?