Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Are there some guy things that just don't jibe with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I like baseball and basketball so I suppose that puts me in the minority here.
    I like watching baseball games live, but just never was interested in watching them on TV.

Comment

I hate tending the lawn and fixing cars. I love almost all sports, except hockey.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        I hate tending the lawn and fixing cars. I love almost all sports, except hockey.
        Yeah that on hockey. Just looks dumb to me. And the whole fighting thing...come on, seriously?

Comment

I kinda like both. I wish I had more time for both. Fixing my house, that's a different story... but who knows, I might enjoy that too.

That pesky career keeps getting in the way though!
          No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

I can't stand to watch hockey on television but once every few years or so I go to a minor league game with my father or brother and it's a fun evening outing.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I love tending the lawn and fixing cars. I hate almost all sports, especially hockey.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I love tending the lawn and fixing cars. I hate almost all sports, especially hockey.
                You are welcome to come over and cut my grass this summer.

Comment

I think sports is just an excuse for a bunch of sissy men to try to prove they are REAL men.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think sports is just an excuse for a bunch of sissy men to try to prove they are REAL men.
                    No doubt a lot of sports fanatics are not man enough to follow Jesus or stay married to a less than perfect wife.

How are the two related GoBahnsen?

How?

Well Jesus loves a less than perfect church, His bride. Husbands love your wives, don't divorce em. Man up!

Comment

Not a lot of sports love on here. I'll watch the occasional football game and basketball if it's on while I scan channels. There are only a few games a year that I will go out of my way to watch. Can't say you missed much if you watched the Superbowl last night. Denver was completely outclassed. Poor Manning, he was probably hoping to retire on a high note but instead got it handed to him.,

Anyway, having an interest in watching sports is appreciating physical ability and athleticism, strategy, etc. I can't stand baseball. MLB players get paid way too much for a third tier sport. And soccer, oh my, I don't know how you all watch it. So boring its like baseball. If anything needs to be commercialized its soccer. Pick up the pace a bit and MAYBE we'll start watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I like watching baseball games live, but just never was interested in watching them on TV.
                        What Sparky said.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Maybe that is why I prefer to watch kids play baseball or softball. I was pretty good at softball when I was a kid. The only little kid who got quickly picked by the big guys when choosing up sides.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Maybe that is why I prefer to watch kids play baseball or softball. I was pretty good at softball when I was a kid. The only little kid who got quickly picked by the big guys when choosing up sides.
                            I liked watching kid sports back when the purpose was teaching sportsmanship, even when one loses, instead all this "everybody gets a trophy" crap.

Comment

I am definitely missing the "watching sports" lobe in my brain. I have never been able to muster a stake in someone else' athletic performance. I can appreciate a well-performed feat of skill, but I like it just as much regardless of which team it helped. Frankly, I consider NCAA basketball and football to be immoral indentures that prey on desperate poor kids for the gain of large textile companies. Christians who support them are participating in their wrongdoing. But this isn't the theology subforum, so I'll stop my rant there.

Comment

I used to play some games on the NES like Ice Hockey, but I never played to score goals. I just started fights.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X