Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Absolute FAVORITE Kitchen Appliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Might give me an excuse to get a new one.....

And for free if it was recalled

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Many of those were recalled due to some spraying out boiling water and a "fixed" model was released this year.
      That was the K 10 model. Mine isn't affected.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        I have the smallest Keurig model where I have to pour in the water for the cup, but it's worth it.
        I must be fancy because we got the elite one and yes... I use the thing at least twice a day.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Might give me an excuse to get a new one.....

There is the 2.0 model (which makes pots too), but it starts at 150...
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            There is the 2.0 model (which makes pots too), but it starts at 150...
            A friend of my brothers got one for Christmas and says that they don't take non-Keurig products like the older ones did.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A friend of my brothers got one for Christmas and says that they don't take non-Keurig products like the older ones did.
              That's because they are pretty new and third party venders can take awhile to make accessories for a brand new product. One of the negative things about getting the latest and greatest. They sometimes only have a hand full of accessories that are made specifically by the company and third party venders can take awhile to catch up.
              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 02-08-2015, 08:10 AM.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That's because they are pretty new and third party venders can take awhile to make accessories for a brand new product. One of the negative things about getting the latest and greatest. They sometimes only have a hand full of accessories that are made specifically by the company and third party venders can take awhile to catch up.
                Which is why I enjoy letting others be the first batch of test dummies.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Which is why I enjoy letting others be the first batch of crash dummies.
                  fify...

Comment

fify...
                    That works!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

fify...
                      I was going to do that!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

From what this guy said it is something that Keurig has put into the new models that is designed to reject equipment from other manufactures, or more accurately only recognize Keurig products. He suspects that they plan on selling licensing to other manufactures that will allow their products to work as well.

Comment

And to think that you used to enthusiastically volunteer to be one during my experiments when we were younger. Maybe because I called them test subjects?

Comment

From what this guy said it is something that Keurig has put into the new models that is designed to reject equipment from other manufactures, or more accurately only recognize Keurig products. He suspects that they plan on selling licensing to other manufactures that will allow their products to work as well.
                            Nintendo tried that back back in the mid 80's and it didn't work out well (it was possible to fool the chip into thinking it got the right signal). In fact, that usually ends up a dismal failure.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I rarely end up getting the latest and greatest for that very purpose.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I was going to do that!

Comment