Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Absolute FAVORITE Kitchen Appliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm considering remembering how. I bet the directions are still on the can, eh?
    Not on the can in my cupboard. But we used to do it to taste anyway. I did post what we used to do a couple of posts ago.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Was in the mid 60s yesterday and just about 60 today (that's 19 and 15½ in Canuck speak) so it just isn't the right weather for hot chocolate right now.
      Walking to church Friday morning, it was about 15. Yesterday, the high was 68.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Walking to church Friday morning, it was about 15. Yesterday, the high was 68.
        Been like that here lately. -20C one day and 0C the next. Hard on the joints...

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I don't bother purchasing hot chocolate or tea or apple cider for mine. Too expensive. And the microwave makes hotter water (or milk) for those than the Keurig anyway.
          YMMV. MY Keurig makes water hotter than the microwave.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Been like that here lately. -20C one day and 0C the next. Hard on the joints...
            Shouldn't you stop smoking those things?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So is "pin" what the kids are calling it nowadays?
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                So is "pin" what the kids are calling it nowadays?
                Gives a whole new meaning to someone saying "Give me a hit of The PIN™"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                  I wish mine did. I usually have to nuke my coffee for half a minute after brewing to make it hot enough.

Comment

Comment

Anger is not a good sign. Worse than simple denial. I thing we need to organize an intervention

Comment

Anger is not a good sign. Worse than simple denial. I thing we need to organize an intervention
                        Mossy can make a big pot of cocoa for this!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Mossy can make a big pot of cocoa for this!
                          I see what you did there.

you just had to pipe up.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Then you're not using your microwave correctly. Water doesn't get any hotter than 212 degrees Fahrenheit, unless you're heating it under pressure.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Then you're not using your microwave correctly. Water doesn't get any hotter than 212 degrees Fahrenheit, unless you're heating it under pressure.
                              Or it has some impurities in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Or it has some impurities in it.
                                That's a minor effect though.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X