Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Free Range Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
    The woman who owned my home before my family raised chickens that were so domesticated that they lived in the house during the winter and would jump into your lap like a cat.

However, I'm uncertain if that made the eggs taste better.
    I guess the chickens were not free range. Maybe they were fed grain.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
      We should keep in mind that scrimping now does not necessarily mean a penny saved is a penny earned in the long run. It's sometimes wise to pay for high quality.

If the egg tastes much better, not only does one enjoy eating it, his health may be better in the long run, if he keeps things up every day.
      It's cuz free range chickens have access to a more variety of foodstuffs, including GMO seeds and grain, and pesticides!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        It's cuz free range chickens have access to a more variety of foodstuffs, including GMO seeds and grain, and pesticides!
        I am not sure what your point is. If chicken eat bad food, they themselves may be bad food. Oh, maybe you were kidding.
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
          I am not sure what your point is. If chicken eat bad food, they themselves may be bad food. Oh, maybe you were kidding.

Comment