Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What are the philosophical questions/issues that interest you the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the philosophical questions/issues that interest you the most?

Just for fun, list the top 5 issues that interest you the most philosophically.
    My favorite issues are:
    The Existence and Nature of God
    The Mind-Body Problem
    Ethics
    Aesthetics

Yes, I'm trying to get more experience points, but also want to get a feel for who post regularly on this section of the forum :)

Originally posted by Theistic-Student View Post
    Just for fun, list the top 5 issues that interest you the most philosophically.
    My favorite issues are:
    The Existence and Nature of God
    The Mind-Body Problem
    Ethics

Aesthetics

Yes, I'm trying to get more experience points, but also want to get a feel for who post regularly on this section of the forum :)
    Bolded ones
    -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
    Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
    Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Existence of God/philosophy of religion in general
      Political philosophy
      Philosophy of science
      Intellectual history and its relationship with political and scientific and religious thought
      Philosophy if mathematics and logic

Comment

My main issues and interests involve how philosophy is used. At present philosophy and logic are primarily used to justify one world view or one belief system or another. I prefer a skeptical form of logic and dialogue where ALL beliefs are challenged including my own. I call this a 'skeptical advocacy' perspective of philosophy and logic.

I consider the logical arguments for the existence of a Source some call God(s) futile and meaningless.
        The Philosophy of the problem of the nature of a Source some call God(s) IF such a source exists is more meaningful.
        The philosophy of science, logic (How is it applied?), and science involve meaningful problems and questions.

Important questions: (1) What is the universal? (2) What is Revelation? (3) What is necessary? (4) What is human will?
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-03-2014, 06:37 AM.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

At the moment I'm vaguely interested in political philosophy and philosophy of law. I'm generally interested in philosophy of language and its interactions with absolutely everything. Teasing out intricacies of moral philosophy is also fun.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I'm interested in:

philosophy of Mind / Mind-Body problem / dualism et al

modern takes on Thomistic metaphysics

the Nature and Existence of God

Epistemology
            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment