Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Two bloods.

  1. #21
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,167
    Amen (Given)
    749
    Amen (Received)
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    Makes no sense to me. Sin is an act of the will, not a DNA factor. Did Adam's DNA become mutated when he sinned?
    How do you understand mankind having a sinful nature on account of Adam's disobedience (Romans 5:12-17)?
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  2. Amen hansgeorg amen'd this post.
  3. #22
    tWebber Faber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Orion Arm
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    631
    Amen (Given)
    113
    Amen (Received)
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    How do you understand mankind having a sinful nature on account of Adam's disobedience (Romans 5:12-17)?
    I have issues with the doctrine of sinful nature as I have seen it taught, especially within the Holiness/Wesleyan scholars. The NIV usually translates the
    greek word σὰρξ as sinful nature, suggesting in inward motivation toward sin (Except when used of Jesus). The word means "flesh", our point of contact . It's the external influence that prompts us toward sin, just as it did with Adam and Eve.

    It's like that question, do we sin because we're sinners or are we sinners because we sin? I suggest the latter.

    Jesus was 100% human. Why would we have a sinful nature and He didn't? He was tempted (in all points just as we are, yet without sin) by Satan, who appealed to His σὰρξ.

  4. #23
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Amen (Given)
    168
    Amen (Received)
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtian Rabinovich View Post
    Mary is not sinless since sin infects every cell of every body (save one: the seed of the woman after meiotic cleansing). The female seed throws off half of it's chromosomes in the process that makes the seed of the woman the only cell in the human body that has no sin. The male seed doesn't throw off half of its chromosomes.
    Both male and female seed have only 23 chromosomes as opposed to 2*23.

    So, for your argument to make sense, you need not just an ovulum without sin, but that ovulum in a female body without sin.

    That is exactly what Catholics and Orthodox say the Blessed Virgin's body was (Catholics : from moment of conception; Orthodox : either from moment of conception or some later moment).
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

    Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

  5. #24
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Amen (Given)
    168
    Amen (Received)
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    Jesus was 100% human. Why would we have a sinful nature and He didn't? He was tempted (in all points just as we are, yet without sin) by Satan, who appealed to His σὰρξ.
    But while His Flesh had complaisance with the things offered, it did not rebel against His Will and push it against obedience to God.

    Our flesh not only has complaisance with things offered by sin, but also with sin.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

    Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

  6. #25
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Amen (Given)
    168
    Amen (Received)
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    It's like that question, do we sin because we're sinners or are we sinners because we sin? I suggest the latter.
    We, but not Jesus and Mary, are born sinners because Adam sinned. We cease to be sinners (there is only a remaining "tinder of sin") immediately on baptism, but we can become sinners in the full and damning sense again if we sin mortally.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

    Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

  7. #26
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    289
    Amen (Given)
    7
    Amen (Received)
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by hansgeorg View Post
    We, but not Jesus and Mary, are born sinners because Adam sinned. We cease to be sinners (there is only a remaining "tinder of sin") immediately on baptism, but we can become sinners in the full and damning sense again if we sin mortally.
    We can fall away from God's grace if we have an attitude that since we are saved that nothing can touch or affect us (Isn't this the same case as the Israelite's that the apostle Paul wrote about in 1 Corinthians 10:2-12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! The apostle Paul is saying that they are a good example of what could happen - which, it is easy to fall but again, our Lord Jesus said this,


    Matthew 18:21
    Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?"

    Luke 17:3
    Watch yourselves. If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.

    Leviticus 19:

    “ ‘Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the Lord.

    17“ ‘Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt.

    18“ ‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

    19“ ‘Keep my decrees.

    I hope I understand Faber well. Is the question about if man inherited a sinful nature or is it that man will sin because he chooses to sin like Adam who had free will to chose to sin along with Eve. How can we inherit Adam's & Eve's sin? I understand that its not in the DNA system which is a physical aspect of man but this falls under a spiritual nature from within the soul - call it a covenant between God and man. Wasn't the first "covenant" or "agreement" with Adam? And, as a punishment for breaking the covenant (which brought Noah) both Adam & Eve were exiled out of the garden of Eden. We are continually looking for a way to return back - salvation by God's grace for redemption. I like the second explanation for redemption, "the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt."

    A debt! that needs to be paid! (Hebrews 9, "since a death has occurred that redeems them from the offenses committed under the first covenant") What Faber wants to know - was this debt from the 1st agreement? Through Adam & Eve? Since we know that the Exodus was a redemption process by God through his servant Moshe, correct. What's good about the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 10 is that he explains that even though the Israelites were redemption and were baptized (and as an example to us all), God was not pleased with them and scattered them. The same thing can happen to us (and the Apostle Paul use this same example in Romans 11:17 The Ingrafting of the Gentiles)




    Passage: 1 Corinthians 10

    12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

    Hebrews 3:12-14 "See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first."

    Hebrews 6:4-6, 4 For it is impossible to keep on restoring to repentance time and again people who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have become partners with the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of God’s word and the powers of the coming age, 6 and who have fallen away, as long as they continue to crucify the Son of God to their own detriment by exposing him to public ridicule. 7 For when the ground soaks up rain that often falls on it and continues producing vegetation useful to those for whom it is cultivated, it receives a blessing from God. (see Isaiah 55:11) 8 However, if it continues to produce thorns and thistles, it is worthless and in danger of being cursed, and in the end will be burned.

    In Hebrews 6, "For it is impossible to restore again to repentance those who were once enlightened"? The writer does not say, "us who were once enlightened," nor "you," but "those who have once been enlightened." He draws a sharp contrast between "Beloved, we are persuaded better things of you," -

    A critical word in the interpretation of this passage is adunatos translated "impossible" in all of our accurate English translations. It is also used in Hebrews 6:18 where the author tells us it is impossible for God to lie, In Hebrews 10:4 it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins, and in Hebrews 11:6 we are told that without faith it is impossible to please God. Here it reads, "For it is impossible . . . to renew them again to repentance." The word "renew" must also be taken with its full meaning. Repentance is the work of the Holy Spirit on the heart of the individual. The Holy Spirit brings about this change in the mind that affects the whole person.

    quote
    Can this statement be true? Even when reading Nehemiah 9 and Daniel 9 in the same context in prayer as to be forgiven and in sincerity the children of Israel at that time. And, in the same vein as both Leviticus and Matthew on how many time that you forgive your brother or brothers for wronging. The sins that remain on the soul can they be covered (sort of speak) but not completely washed away? Could this be with Adam and Eve? Covered as to survive but not washed away? See also this passage, Hebrews 6 "8 However, if it continues to produce thorns and thistles, it is worthless and in danger of being cursed, and in the end will be burned." or even this passage, "15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up and causes you trouble, or many of you will become defiled."

  8. #27
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    289
    Amen (Given)
    7
    Amen (Received)
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by hansgeorg View Post
    We, but not Jesus and Mary, are born sinners because Adam sinned. We cease to be sinners (there is only a remaining "tinder of sin") immediately on baptism, but we can become sinners in the full and damning sense again if we sin mortally.
    Correction: What's good about the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 10 is that he explains that even though the Israelites were redeemed and were baptized (1 Corinthians 10:2-5 and the Apostle Paul used this as an example to us all), God was not pleased with them and scattered most of them. The same thing can happen to us (and the Apostle Paul use this same example in Romans 11:17 The Ingrafting of the Gentiles).

    The reason why I brought up Matthew and Leviticus is because that when you/ or we "ask" for forgiveness from our brother (as with God) you ask in all sincerity - from the soul. As scripture states - God knows the spirit and thoughts of every soul and know its sincerity. When we accept Christ or when we are redeemed (bought from a debt) it is out of Love for us but in return God knows our own thought for that gift.

    Is it man's sinful nature or his sincerity/love for what was given to him?

  9. #28
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    289
    Amen (Given)
    7
    Amen (Received)
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by hansgeorg View Post
    We, but not Jesus and Mary, are born sinners because Adam sinned. We cease to be sinners (there is only a remaining "tinder of sin") immediately on baptism, but we can become sinners in the full and damning sense again if we sin mortally.

    Repeating - then you're implying about the story of the man who cleans out his house (himself) which then the bad (or sinfulness) leaves "but" then returns bringing seven devils like himself (and after roaming). When this sinfulness re-enter's into the man, the sin becomes worst than before or worst than the first.

    Question! Jesus was approached by a leading teacher (scripture says "ruler") of the community and was asked this question, "18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” Then Jesus points out certain parts of the law and the man indicates that he had followed those laws since he was a little boy. Jesus then tells the man that he is still lacking, "The come and follow me".

    The question is the fact that the man followed the law but couldn't give up what he had to follow Jesus when asked - so how does this man stand? and from his original question on eternal life? Then all who heard this said, "26 Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”

    27 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”.

    The idea with the original passage of the unclean spirit is that man can't save himself or can't clean up his own sins (the many) or that the sins that were in his life needed God's grace, forgiveness before this man could continue on. The passage stated that the spirit "roamed" looking for another place and couldn't find any - so that "sin" or "spirit" takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. Making it impossible for the man to change - or even in this state of sin can one receive God's grace? (1 Samuel 14:41)

    1 Thessalonians 2: 16, "In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last"

    Sin must have limits - and you wonder, it almost as if sin racks up a debt until a person feels so much debt that they become overwhelmed. It is impossible for one to save himself from sin even when a man wants to change his life and to make himself clean again - it is by the grace of God and a sincere heart, "2 Timothy 2: 22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." Even though we may "clean" ourselves up (again) it doesn't necessarily mean that God partook in the salvation. When bringing up salvation - it is by God's compassion and mercy that we are saved, inside, John 6:37. There were a few (some) as the apostle Paul said that were scattered in the desert because they looked back, sort of speak, to Egypt - much like Lot's wife who looked back (when the angel told them not to) toward Sodom and Gomorrah. 2 Timothy 2: 25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. (see, John 6:37 (again)

    Much was written from the apostle Paul on this, Hebrews 12:15 "See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many."

    Again, last - regarding the sin we inherited and that some believe was on Mary which I can't believe, in all honesty, is the truth. I can't imagine that Mary had sin on her soul while she was with Christ in maternal way. The scripture pointed this out very plainly in Luke 1, "41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit." and also, "46 And Mary said:“My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior"

    How can sin reign in a soul? Unlike the DNA - the soul, has many dimensions of it own, "Powers of the Soul". As Jesus told us that if we had enough faith we could move mountains - faith isn't based on knowledge or intelligence - it is a conviction in the soul, its knowing. Faith is innate conviction, a perception of truth that transcends, rather than evades, reason. As long as you have that faith how could sin reign? Jesus said to many, " "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." or in another verses, "Romans 5:1 "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.…

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •