What kind of Game do you want to See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Game do you want to See?

Allrighty... In order to pick things back up again, I wouldn't mind seeing what kind of game people would like to play.

Is there a particular genre you'd like to see? (ie, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, Western?)

Is there a particular System you'd like to take for a spin? (ie, Savage Worlds, FATE, D&D, Cinematic Unisystem?)

Your local TWeeb Overlord wants to know...
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

You at all familiar with the Dresden Files?

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
      You at all familiar with the Dresden Files?
      Nope. But a quick Google Search led me here. Looking for something with a Modern Dark Fantasy slant?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        Nope. But a quick Google Search led me here. Looking for something with a Modern Dark Fantasy slant?
        That's them. There's actually a FATE-based RPG based on the series that's quite fun.

Comment

Something set in Larry Correia's 'Monster Hunter' universe (present day, but vampires, werewolves, ghouls and worse are real, and teams of 'experts' hunt them; or his 'Hard magic / Grimnoire' setting (1920's hardboiled pulp alternative history, with magic powers).

Or something in a One Piece anime setting...
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

I would love it if some of the people here on TWeb would join DCUO and play some there.

We have our own League already, but not many members.

Comment

That's them. There's actually a FATE-based RPG based on the series that's quite fun.
              Good to know. FATE can be a fun one... I've seen it used for a few games (it's actually being used for the Star Wars game I'm a part of Sunday Nights on Roll20. The GM switched to it from Edge of the Empire- another fantastic system- after he decided it was too frustrating to build enemies for it.)

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
              Something set in Larry Correia's 'Monster Hunter' universe (present day, but vampires, werewolves, ghouls and worse are real, and teams of 'experts' hunt them; or his 'Hard magic / Grimnoire' setting (1920's hardboiled pulp alternative history, with magic powers).
              Sounds similar to what Meta Knight was wanting...

That would be crazy-awesome... Though I dunno if I could pull it off

Comment

Sci-Fi or Western Game please!
                "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I support the :
                sigpic

Comment

Also, we should probably get back to the Purgatory game...
                  "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                  -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  I support the :
                  sigpic

Comment

Sounds similar to what Meta Knight was wanting...
                    Well that would be a modern-day urban fantasy...which is what the Dresden Files are (worth a read, by the way), so yeah. Although a sci-fi would be cool. I like sci-fi and I haven't played a sci-fi game in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                      Also, we should probably get back to the Purgatory game...
                      Yes. Yes you should.

Well that would be a modern-day urban fantasy...which is what the Dresden Files are (worth a read, by the way), so yeah. Although a sci-fi would be cool. I like sci-fi and I haven't played a sci-fi game in a long time.
                      If I decide to read some fiction (It seems like Non-fiction is the only thing that's been catching my interest as of late), I'll take a crack at them.

The 'Modern Urban Fantasy' angle sounds like it would be fun to tackle. I'd be tempted to use Savage Worlds to run it (mostly because the main stuff can be found for freesies, and I can always just cook up my own 'module' document with all the extra stuff I want to add). Of course, Cinematic Unisystem is another tenable option (IIRC, Buffy the Vampire Slayer had an RPG that used the system).

Comment

The 'Modern Urban Fantasy' angle sounds like it would be fun to tackle. I'd be tempted to use Savage Worlds to run it (mostly because the main stuff can be found for freesies, and I can always just cook up my own 'module' document with all the extra stuff I want to add). Of course, Cinematic Unisystem is another tenable option (IIRC, Buffy the Vampire Slayer had an RPG that used the system).
                        I don't know either of those systems. And since I'm running an urban fantasy already I'm kinda leaning sci-fi, but it's up to other people. I'm sure I could bite the bullet.

Comment

I don't know either of those systems.
                          They're both fun, and surprisingly easy to pick up, though they each have very different uses (Savage Worlds is more for Pulp-Style games, like Indiana Jones or Conan The Barbarian type stuff; The Post-Apocalyptic Pirate game I play Friday Nights uses a version of this. Cinematic Unisystem is more geared for 'Dark Fantasy/Horror' type stuff... Think Army of Darkness. My Friday Night GM used it for a horror campaign based on "Zombies Ate My Neighbors").

And since I'm running an urban fantasy already I'm kinda leaning sci-fi, but it's up to other people. I'm sure I could bite the bullet.
                          Sci-Fi would be a fun one, too. Heck, a 'Weird West' type game could be a hilarious mash-up of the many ideas that have been suggested (Sci-Fi, Urban Fantasy, and Gunslinging Cowpokes... all with a "One Piece" flair).
                          Last edited by Chaotic Void; 02-14-2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post

That would be fun.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I would love it if some of the people here on TWeb would join DCUO and play some there.

We have our own League already, but not many members.

Um, what?
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X