Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Have no fear, I'm here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Kind Debater is the name of another Twebber - he often debates in the Mormon forum. Nice guy.

She.
    Girl.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Madison Bumgarner? That's a rough subject for me... I'm from Kansas City and I'm a big Royals fan.

Welcome!
      Hehehehehehehe. >:)
      Though, I don't really have any problems with (most) Royals fans, so I think we can live in peace. I used to like the Royals, but then I saw Jarrod Dyson do that weird dance after he stole a base...
      Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      OH man! It's getting close to Baseball season....Changing my avatar...

Oh yeah! Hi MB! As you can see I'm a Texas Rangers Fan!
      Yes!! Pitchers and catchers report in less than a week!

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
      First of all, [bleep] the Giants (and the Dodgers too) and [bleep] their stupid bleeping washed-up pothead Lincecum and their horrendous-techniqued-but-bizarrely-still-effective serial killer Pence
      (seriously, you can't tell me that this face doesn't belong to a psychopathic serial killer)

and bleep their annoying over-praised stadium that costs two mortgages to afford tickets to and that bay that you can only see if you're sitting in the stratosphere and those overrated garlic fries that are only suitable for warding off vampires rather than for eating and bleep their bizarre ability to keep profiting from other team's infielders committing errors in the third game of the NLDS and Bud Selig's stupid one-game play-in that the Giants wouldn't have even qualified for in previous years.

That said, welcome to TWeb.
      Lincecum's working with his dad this year. He's gonna win the Comeback Player of the Year and will record 15 wins!
      Serial killer, eh? Why do teams still wish they had a player who always gave his ONE HUNTER PERCENT?
      I've never tried those garlic fries (since I've never been to SF) but your opinion seems unbiased, so I'll go with it.

What it all comes down to is this: "bleep your 3 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS" and you can "bleep" them all you want, they'll still be THREE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Comment

Originally posted by MadBum40 View Post
        Lincecum's working with his dad this year. He's gonna win the Comeback Player of the Year and will record 15 wins!
        It's an odd-numbered year, so I wouldn't count on it. Everyone knows the Giants are cosmically destined to miss the playoffs in odd-numbered years.

Serial killer, eh? Why do teams still wish they had a player who always gave his ONE HUNTER PERCENT?
        There's a psychological advantage to be had in playing a serial killer who can intimidate the living heck out of other teams.

What it all comes down to is this: "bleep your 3 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS" and you can "bleep" them all you want, they'll still be THREE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS.
        It's more like "bleep your path to those three championships" (barely escaping the first round in 2010 and 2012 after the other team makes pivotal errors, then going on to win it all? Getting in as the second wildcard last year when that wouldn't have even qualified for the playoffs before 2012?), but yeah. I will grudgingly admit to perhaps a hint of jealousy. But just a hint. Also, I'm not a Royals fan, but they were the feel-good story of 2014 and the Giants ruined it. It's like changing classic fairy tales so the hero and heroine don't live happily ever after. Giants just aren't good storytellers.

But anyhow, welcome. Hope you enjoy your time here.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          So, is this the reason you're Irate? You're no longer in India?
          Nah, I like Canada a bit better. :)
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome MadBum40!
            "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
              ECREE!!x

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                sour grapes
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Half of the time I read this, I wan to read it as, "Have fear, I'm here."
                  I am become death...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X