Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Where in Canada have you been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    No where. But I had a dream I visited Mossy's house. Then it looked like a buried cave with cats and we ate Venison stew and there was a tornado. Not kidding.

There COULD be a tornado. But it isn't a buried or any other kind of cave, and there are no more cats, and we will only have venison stew if somebody else goes and shoots a deer.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

There COULD be a tornado. But it isn't a buried or any other kind of cave, and there are no more cats, and we will only have venison stew if somebody else goes and shoots a deer.
      I should note that I had a serious version of the flu and my ears were infected when the dream occured, I was on good medicine....
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I can't visit Canada. There are French Canadians there.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I was kicked out.

OH!!!! I didn't include the time me and my buddy Roy tried to go to Canada from Lorain Ohio floating in truck inner tubes, and got picked up by the Coast Guard somewhere in the middle of Lake Erie!
          Small world. I've been kicked out of a Central American country right after we arrived. We were personae non gratae. Not a story that I'll go into details on yet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            No where. But I had a dream I visited Mossy's house. Then it looked like a buried cave with cats and we ate Venison stew and there was a tornado. Not kidding.
            You probably had a vision about one of mossy's older homes. I think that was the one she lived in from 200 B.C. to 300 A.D. or thereabouts.

Uh-oh. Gotta go. Just spotted a PIN™ shaped shadow overhead

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

All I noticed was the total absence of fridge magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                All I noticed was the total absence of fridge magnets.
                At least you didn't mistake my home for Trouty's!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

No stranger than some American place names are.

kongiganak, alaska
                  Eeek, Alaska
                  Chalkyitsik, Alaska
                  Akiachak, AK
                  Kwigillingok, Alaska
                  Aleknagik, AK
                  Atgasuk, AK
                  Nunapitchuk, Alaska

to name a few.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    kongiganak, alaska
                    Eeek, Alaska
                    Chalkyitsik, Alaska
                    Akiachak, AK
                    Kwigillingok, Alaska
                    Aleknagik, AK
                    Atgasuk, AK
                    Nunapitchuk, Alaska

to name a few.
                    Meh. You've got nothing on Wales.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Meh. You've got nothing on Wales.
                      That's because the Welsh don't really have a language. They just throw a bunch of letters together to confuse the English and snicker while they try to pronounce them. And you know that what I said is true cause you just read it on the interwebz.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        That's because the Welsh don't really have a language. They just throw a bunch of letters together to confuse the English and snicker while they try to pronounce them. And you know that what I said is true cause you just read it on the interwebz.
                        Actually, I think you're quoting Abe Lincoln.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, I think you're quoting Abe Lincoln.
                          Or... was Abe Lincoln quoting me?

Comment

Or... was Abe Lincoln quoting me?
                            He was wise.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He was wise.

"That rogue06 guy is the smartest guy I ever met" --Abraham Lincoln

Of course he might have been misquoted slightly. Some say it was actually "That rogue06 guy is the biggest smartass I ever met." Six of one, half a dozen of another.

Comment

"That rogue06 guy is the smartest guy I ever met" --Abraham Lincoln

Of course he might have been misquoted slightly. Some say it was actually "That rogue06 guy is the biggest smartass I ever met." Six of one, half a dozen of another.
                                I thought he was talking about Rogue05. Didn't he go down with the Titanic after he built that robot iceberg?

Comment