Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Deep Fryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what I found tasted delicious from a deep fryer? Hot dogs.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      You know what I found tasted delicious from a deep fryer? Hot dogs.
      That's GROSS!!!!

(but, yeah, I agree!)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK the seasoning is called "Smokin' Joe's Shake n Fry"

Cant find it on the web so it must be some small time manufacturer. The stuff is great though. Found it in the Fresh fish section of Krogers.

Comment

Hey I found it:

smokinjoes.jpg

http://www.smokinjoesfoodproducts.com/#!products/cfpj

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yep, he's a small town guy and a one man outfit. Here is a profile I found on Smokin' Joe.

http://archive.tennessean.com/articl...ars-experience

He lives pretty close to where my brother does. I think he has a food truck now, and next time I head down that way I might check it out.

In the meantime I think I will stock up on the fish batter. Just in case.

Comment

Tonight's dinner: Fried Cod breaded with Smokin' Joe's cajun fish batter, home made onion rings (will try smokin joes as batter on a couple, and regular batter on the rest), and home made KFC coleslaw.

Cholesterol city, here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Tonight's dinner: Fried Cod breaded with Smokin' Joe's cajun fish batter, home made onion rings (will try smokin joes as batter on a couple, and regular batter on the rest), and home made KFC coleslaw.

Cholesterol city, here I come!
                  The coleslaw wipes out all the ill effects of the fried food stuff. That's why it's there. Trust me, I'm a Dockter.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    The coleslaw wipes out all the ill effects of the fried food stuff. That's why it's there. Trust me, I'm a Dockter.
                    Yeah that makes sense. It slawters the cholesterol!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Yeah that makes sense. It slawters the cholesterol!

Yup -- that's why I always get coleslaw with my Chick-Fil-A ---- they have some of the best!

chick-fil-a-secret-menu-meal.jpgslaw.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X