Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Giving up on the stubborn ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I repent!

I was wrong

I give up on Mick!

First of all, I think he's posting while drunk. I see, however, ZERO redeeming quality in him, and his bragging about his "destiny being the matrix" has me finally fed up. He adds NOTHING worthwhile to Tweb.

I was obviously wrong.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think Mickiel is probably lonely and REALLY wants the attention. I occasionally post there not for his benefit or drunken rants, but for the benefit of those who may read it. I have no desire to antagonize anyone. Just the desire to point out the flaws in rants so that someone who comes by might be able to see that he's just twisting wwcog doctrine or pasting without attribution etc..
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        I think Mickiel is probably lonely and REALLY wants the attention. I occasionally post there not for his benefit or drunken rants, but for the benefit of those who may read it. I have no desire to antagonize anyone. Just the desire to point out the flaws in rants so that someone who comes by might be able to see that he's just twisting wwcog doctrine or pasting without attribution etc..
        Yeah, I've had that in mind - but considering what forum the thread is in, and how GOOFY his "arguments" are, I don't see him as a threat at all. He has, in the past, been a form of comic relief, but lately he just seems to be a total jackass.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, I've had that in mind - but considering what forum the thread is in, and how GOOFY his "arguments" are, I don't see him as a threat at all. He has, in the past, been a form of comic relief, but lately he just seems to be a total jackass.
          Just imagine how bad he'll be when he is ignored again. He actually seems to act worse then IMO(well, maybe excepting some of his recent posts).

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Just imagine how bad he'll be when he is ignored again. He actually seems to act worse then IMO(well, maybe excepting some of his recent posts).
            I think maybe he's back on booze and / or drugs.

He recently boasted of working two fulltime jobs, then, apparently, he lost those and now he's a janitor or something. (Sounds like maybe changing linens in a hospital or nursing home) IF you can believe anything he says.

Comment

I think maybe he's back on booze and / or drugs.
              I'm not sure if he ever stopped to be honest. Especially considering that honesty isn't his forte.

He recently boasted of working two fulltime jobs, then, apparently, he lost those and now he's a janitor or something. (Sounds like maybe changing linens in a hospital or nursing home) IF you can believe anything he says.
              Yeah, I don't put much stock in what he claims about his life either. Really hard to tell with someone like him.

Comment

I'm not sure if he ever stopped to be honest. Especially considering that honesty isn't his forte.
                I don't know --- there have been times in the recent past where he actually interacted amicably, and laid off all the goofy "I crushed you" idiocy.

Yeah, I don't put much stock in what he claims about his life either. Really hard to tell with someone like him.
                Having interacted with him a LOT, I'd say his recent behavior is some of his worst work.

Comment

I don't know --- there have been times in the recent past where he actually interacted amicably, and laid off all the goofy "I crushed you" idiocy.
                  Eh, he just seemed more into it recently. It was still sprinkled throughout his posts before now.

Having interacted with him a LOT, I'd say his recent behavior is some of his worst work.
                  Eh, I don't know. Remember how he flew off the handle about how "magma is a type of fire!" stuff?

Comment

Eh, he just seemed more into it recently. It was still sprinkled throughout his posts before now.
                    Could be -- maybe I was just more tolerant of it?

Eh, I don't know. Remember how he flew off the handle about how "magma is a type of fire!" stuff?
                    My FAVORITE one was where he went all apoplectic because I said "your momma wears combat boots", and he went on a tirade about how I launched attacks against his mother's 'personage' and he was going to come to Texas to beat me up.

Ah, the memories!

Comment

What about fundy atheists? They can be just as annoying!
                      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        What about fundy atheists? They can be just as annoying!
                        Usually, they don't sound like they've been smoking crack.

Comment

Well, you are becoming an old coot. That comes with the territory.

My FAVORITE one was where he went all apoplectic because I said "your momma wears combat boots", and he went on a tirade about how I launched attacks against his mother's 'personage' and he was going to come to Texas to beat me up.

Ah, the memories!
                          Yeah, that's definitely up there on my list of stupid reactions from internet posters.

Comment

Usually, they don't sound like they've been smoking crack.
                            Not sure which ones you've been hanging around, but I've seen at least a few who were like that. Of course that was mostly my days before I joined TWeb.

Comment

Ah, the memories!
                              Remember when I said he was trying to teach his Grandmother to suck eggs? sheesh he about went through the roof about that.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                Remember when I said he was trying to teach his Grandmother to suck eggs? sheesh he about went through the roof about that.
                                The boy has issues, that's fer sure!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X