Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom

a50b7b76-58f7-42da-962a-7896b36dd4a1.jpg

Shirley Carter Cosner, our beloved wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother went to be present with the Lord on Thursday, February 12, 2015. She is survived by her loving and devoted husband of 40 years, Richard Cosner; six children, Joyce McCants (Buddy), Thomas Cosner (Linda), Bonnie Blake (Byron), Paula Cobb (Mark), Billy Cosner (Deanna) and Bobby Cosner; 19 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren; sisters, Laura Lee Dillon and Patricia Bruce; and brothers, Lindsay Carter and Kelly Carter; and numerous other relatives and friends. The family will receive friends Saturday, February 14, 2015 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. at Nelsen Funeral Home, 4650 S. Laburnum Ave., Richmond, VA 23231; where funeral services will be held Sunday, February 15 at 1 p.m. Interment will follow in Washington Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Henrico Volunteer Rescue Squad. Online condolences may be made at www.nelsenrichmond.com.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

ing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A beautiful tribute.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss, Bill.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Your family is in my prayers Bill! God Bless!

All of us who haven't had to face this KNOW...it's only a matter of time. My sisters husband, just lost his Father. The service was Friday. I once again, thought, how very blessed I am to still have my parents alive and relatively healthy...
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

This poem was read at the graveside. I thought it very fitting:

Gone From My Sight

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
                    spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
                    for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
                    I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
                    of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
                    hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
                    And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
                    there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
                    ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

sorry for your loss Bill xx

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss, Bill. Losing a parent is hard.

Comment

Thank you my dear friends. It's been a strange week and a half. Filled with condolences and prayers among the attempted return to routine. Life does go on, as it must. I will never EVER forget my wonderful mama, but I know she would not want me to stop living my life and being as good a husband and father as the Lord has called me to be. It was weird seeing Daddy without her this past Sunday, as it was strange not hearing her oxygen pump or seeing her recliner chair beside Dad's.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It gets better.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X