Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 183

Thread: The tweb recipe thread

  1. #171
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Virgo Supercluster
    Faith
    Theistic, of sorts
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,410
    Amen (Given)
    318
    Amen (Received)
    541
    Does anyone have a good recipe for pesto? I've attempted to make my own with basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and parmesan cheese, but I can never get the proportion of basil to garlic quite right. It always tastes too strongly of one or the other.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

    I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

  2. #172
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,601
    Amen (Given)
    6972
    Amen (Received)
    7219
    Quote Originally Posted by fm93 View Post
    Does anyone have a good recipe for pesto? I've attempted to make my own with basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and parmesan cheese, but I can never get the proportion of basil to garlic quite right. It always tastes too strongly of one or the other.
    Creamy Pesto Pasta Bake

    FULL RECIPE: http://bzfd.it/28THwfE


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  3. #173
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Virgo Supercluster
    Faith
    Theistic, of sorts
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,410
    Amen (Given)
    318
    Amen (Received)
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Creamy Pesto Pasta Bake

    FULL RECIPE: http://bzfd.it/28THwfE
    Cold water? What is the author's point here? "Oh no, we wouldn't dare risk having too much flavor in our sauce, better dilute it with boring water"?
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

    I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

  4. #174
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39,831
    Amen (Given)
    3693
    Amen (Received)
    18605
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Creamy Pesto Pasta Bake

    FULL RECIPE: http://bzfd.it/28THwfE
    one of the ingredients is "Pesto" so I don't think that is a recipe on how to make pesto.

  5. #175
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39,831
    Amen (Given)
    3693
    Amen (Received)
    18605
    Quote Originally Posted by fm93 View Post
    Does anyone have a good recipe for pesto? I've attempted to make my own with basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and parmesan cheese, but I can never get the proportion of basil to garlic quite right. It always tastes too strongly of one or the other.
    Never tried it because I despise pesto, but I found this:

    Recipe By:ANDERVAL
    "Basic pesto, made with basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. This recipe differs from the classic preparation by the addition of parsley. You can add a little extra Parmesan to the mixture if you like."
    Ingredients

    3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
    4 cloves garlic
    3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup pine nuts
    1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)

    Directions

    Combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and nuts in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend to a smooth paste. Add parsley if desired.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13937/p...arch%20results

  6. #176
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,601
    Amen (Given)
    6972
    Amen (Received)
    7219
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    one of the ingredients is "Pesto" so I don't think that is a recipe on how to make pesto.
    Was thinking he was asking for a recipe USING pesto... I despise it too.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  7. #177
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39,831
    Amen (Given)
    3693
    Amen (Received)
    18605
    someone at work made this and it is delicious:

    Breakfast Casserole

    1 lb. Breakfast sausage
    3 cups Shredded hash browns
    cup Butter, melted
    12 oz. Mild cheddar cheese, shredded
    1 Onion, diced
    16 oz. Cottage cheese
    6 Eggs

    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish.

    Cook sausage in deep skillet, drain, crumble and set aside.

    In dish, stir together hash browns and butter. Line bottom and sides with mixture.

    In bowl, mix sausage, cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese and eggs. Pour over potato mixture.

    Bake 1 hour or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool 5 minutes.

  8. #178
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,601
    Amen (Given)
    6972
    Amen (Received)
    7219
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    someone at work made this and it is delicious:

    Breakfast Casserole

    1 lb. Breakfast sausage
    3 cups Shredded hash browns
    cup Butter, melted
    12 oz. Mild cheddar cheese, shredded
    1 Onion, diced
    16 oz. Cottage cheese
    6 Eggs

    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish.

    Cook sausage in deep skillet, drain, crumble and set aside.

    In dish, stir together hash browns and butter. Line bottom and sides with mixture.

    In bowl, mix sausage, cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese and eggs. Pour over potato mixture.

    Bake 1 hour or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool 5 minutes.
    I see no bacon sir...

  9. #179
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39,831
    Amen (Given)
    3693
    Amen (Received)
    18605
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I see no bacon sir...
    I think she misspelled "bacon" as "sausage"

  10. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
  11. #180
    tWebber Darth Executor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,918
    Amen (Given)
    1699
    Amen (Received)
    2604
    breakfast sausage is disgusting, obv substitution there
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •