Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is defending a 'young' earth necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
    well yeah,

but the real people I personally know who are like that , you probably never heard of 'em
    One of my favorite TV shows although I don't much care for Penny's new hair cut.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      The "questions" you pose above have been addressed and answered - to the extent possible - many, many times including with links to numerous sources (CRS, AiG, CMI, CGS, ICR, others). I've done all I can to help you but some people are simply beyond any help (at least beyond my help).
      Sorry Jorge, but that isn't an answer, but a dodge. CRS, AiG, etc don't answer the questions, but avoid them because they are unable to answer them, just like you are.
      I.e. he's right; they have been answered many times to the extent possible.

It's not Jorge's fault that there are no answers whatsoever from the YEC viewpoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        No Jorge, the 'answers' you keep giving is you keep saying to 'I already answered it and don't need to quote it, link to it, or re-explain my answer in any way' because I don't think you have an answer and just hoping other people are stupid enough to not see you running away. Sorry Jorge, but saying you 'answered it elsewhere' isn't an answer, it is a dodge and not even a clever dodge at that.
        Yyyyyaaaawwwwnnn ... I hate having to repeat myself
        but I'm left with no other choice, so here goes ...

Also rest assured that your M.O. has been fully exposed for quite some time now, Terror. You keep asking the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over again, each time claiming that, "My questions have not been answered and you just keep running away."

Like I said, your M.O. is exposed ... you've been made, Terror... give it up!

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by JonF View Post
          I.e. he's right; they have been answered many times to the extent possible.

It's not Jorge's fault that there are no answers whatsoever from the YEC viewpoint.
          WOW! JonF and Terror make an awesome duo of self-deluded yahoos!

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            WOW! JonF and Terror make an awesome duo of self-deluded yahoos!

Jorge
            Excuse me. What is wrong with Jon's statement?

YEC has no scientific basis at all.

Any purported "evidence" that you and your ilk have given has been vaporized as if by a Star Trek phaser.

YEC is totally a religious/cultic position and nothing more.

K54

P.S. Feel free to present (scientific) evidence for Jorgian YEC and watch it get destroyed by truth.

P.P.S. Your ability to project is one of your best comedy shticks.
            Last edited by klaus54; 03-01-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              One of my favorite TV shows although I don't much care for Penny's new hair cut.
              I shouldn't have come in this thread(frustration issues, I'm at least doing better at not posting seriously, or was until a few days ago :blush), but the underlined is dead on.

I better go now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                I shouldn't have come in this thread(frustration issues, I'm at least doing better at not posting seriously, or was until a few days ago :blush), but the underlined is dead on.

I better go now.
                I agree with the Penny-do. She got married recently and apparently doesn't care anymore about being super hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                  I agree with the Penny-do. She got married recently and apparently doesn't care anymore about being super hot.
                  Good Santa!!! Stick to talking about hairdos ... at least in that realm
                  you stand a chance -- albeit a small one -- of saying something right.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                    Good Santa!!! Stick to talking about hairdos ... at least in that realm
                    you stand a chance -- albeit a small one -- of saying something right.

Jorge
                    Heehee ha ha!!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Now can you address the questions I've brought up in this thread?

No?

I didn't think so.

K54

For example:

Originally posted by K54
                    All of this belching of yours does not address interpretation.

Did God inspire the Jorge/Hovind/Hambone/Sofarti interpretation?

Also, I've pointed this out several times: Capitalizing "Word" in modern Christianity is only apropos in reference to the Logos, the 2nd Person of the Trinity. The Logos is NOT the same as the Bible (does that include the Deuterocanon -- RCs would say so!?).

That's pretty close to Biblio-idolatry.

The fact that you dopey KJV-onlyists don't seem to know is that, in King Jimbo's time, EVERY noun was capitalized! It's the same as proper German of the kind I learned in high school 46 years ago.

Wise up, Klowny!

This is just too much fun...
                    Or this showing your abysmal knowledge of impact structures:

Originally posted by K54
                    Staring in the mirror again?

Do you have a Narcissus complex?

You don't know about shatter cones and shocked quartz, else you'd know they take a lot more pressure to form than is available in a steam explosion.

So you are either ignorant of the geology of meteor impacts, or you're so brainwashed by YEC dreck that your mind is closed to facts.

But I'm loving today's comedy routine!

Do you write your own shrift or do Hovind and Wieland ghost write fer ya?

K54

Source: http://www.impact-structures.com/sho...morphism-page/
                    ...n the 300 – 500 kbar (30 – 50 GPa) shock pressure range, the complete isotropization of quartz and feldspar is typical. In other words, the optically isotropic and x-ray amorphous diaplectic glass is formed by shock damage of a mineral and not by melting. According to current knowledge, diaplectic glass cannot be formed in endogenetic processes. Patchy shock isotropization in quartz starts at about 100 kbars.
                    © Copyright Original Source

The geostatic pressure gradient is around 1psi/ft, so at a depth of 30,000 feet the pressure would be 30,000 psi = approximately 200MPa, or 1/150 of 30Gpa.
                    Last edited by klaus54; 03-01-2015, 07:51 PM. Reason: ps

Comment