Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Notable Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    "

Were you using capital letters?" - Rogue06

"Why were you using capital letters?" --rogue06

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"Never, ever ask a woman if she's pregnant" --some guy with a black eye

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Were you using capital letters?
        Tried several different things. I noticed that when the mouse is over CP's smiley Cow Poke shows up. I thought that was the "code". I tried thatr with spaces, with caps, and without either.

Comment

You had better stop being a democrat and you had better stop being a republican. You better start being an American! - Arnold Fisher
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

"Why were you using capital letters?" --rogue06
            Go back and check, there is no why.

"Tried several different things. I noticed that when the mouse is over CP's smiley Cow Poke shows up. I thought that was the "code". I tried thatr with spaces, with caps, and without either." - Cerebrum123

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              Go back and check, there is no why.

"Tried several different things. I noticed that when the mouse is over CP's smiley Cow Poke shows up. I thought that was the "code". I tried thatr with spaces, with caps, and without either." - Cerebrum123
              I could go back and edit that, and the version in your post, but I'm not going to.

I hate when I make stupid spelling mistakes like that.

Comment

I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reasons, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. -Galileo Galilei
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

"What a chimera then is man! What a novelty! What a monster, what a chaos, what a contradiction, what a prodigy! Judge of all things, imbecile worm of the earth; depositary of truth, a sink of uncertainty and error; the pride and refuse of the universe!" -Blaise Pascal

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - Franklin Roosevelt
                  Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

"Nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all the idea of God" - attributed to Cicero
                    Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

“Just think,
                      you're not here by chance, but by God's choosing you. His hand formed you, He made you the person you are.
                      He compares you to no one else --
                      you're one of a kind. You lack nothing His grace can't give you.
                      He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfill His special purpose for this generation.”

Roy Lessin

Comment

"Grief never ends...But it changes. It's a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith....It is the price of love." - Author Unknown

Comment

“The truth is like a lion; you don’t have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself.”

- Augustine of Hippo
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.
                            William Penn

You can change your world by changing your words... Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue.
                            Joel Osteen
                            I am become death...

Comment

Repentance is fitting at all times and for all persons. To sinners as well as to the righteous who look for salvation. There are no bounds to perfection, for even the perfection of the most perfect is nought but imperfection. Hence, until the moment of death neither the time nor the works of repentance can ever be complete. - St. Isaac the Syrian
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

"For mortals vanished from the day's sweet light. I shed no tear; rather I mourn for those who day and night live in death's fear." 

— Greek Epigram
                                I am become death...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X