Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Notable Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"If you left the lid up...and hear a scream...You better NOT come into this bathroom...if you know what's good for you" - My Wife
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

"Blessed is the pessimist, for he hath made backups". -- Hesitations 2:15
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Always drink upstream from the herd" -- Cowboy Wisdom
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

“Some spiritual leaders try to be more committed. What they need is to be more submitted.” ― Henry T. Blackaby

Comment

“The reality is that the Lord never calls the qualified; He qualifies the called.” ― Henry T. Blackaby

Comment

“We look to the Bible but not to get ideas from what people did for God. We look to see what God did in peoples' lives.” ― Henry T. Blackaby

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Cowboy Wisdom
                Oxymoron

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Oxymoron
                  Projection.

Comment

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." --Aristotle

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      "Blessed is the pessimist, for he hath made backups". -- Hesitations 2:15
                      Tis me
                      "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                      "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                      Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

"If you fail High School,get ready to flip burgers for the rest of your life."-Mom
                        "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                        "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                        Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

From my prior pastor, now retired - for good reasons. Where he may have gotten it I do not know, but I have adopted it. "It is baloney no matter how thin you slice it."
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

One of the most DREADED statements my mother ever made. She had threatened to whip me for something I had done, and I ran to the back door and told her "You can't catch me!"

She narrowed her eyes and said clearly and slowly.....

"I don't HAVE to catch you -- I know where you SLEEP!"

Comment

"If your youngster doesn't respect you now, what makes you think they will respect you when they become teenagers?" - Mom quoting her Father (my grandfather)
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X