2015 NIV Study Bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 NIV Study Bible

I have had a great experience with the 2002 NIV study bible. It was the first (and pretty much only) study tool I bought when I became a Christian. It definitely grounded me in the faith quite well. With that said, I am looking forward to the 2015 version coming out in September. Now, I think study bible's are ideal for newbies to the faith, but it never hurts to have a general study guide at one's disposal, so I will be picking this one up. Check it out and let me know how you feel about it, and what you think of study bible's in general.

1)

2)

3) http://www.scribd.com/doc/249645074/...an-Study-Bible

Don Carson as editor can't be a bad thing. He is very adept at making scholarly findings of practical use for Christians.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I bet it uses "gender-neutral" language

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
        I bet it uses "gender-neutral" language
        I doubt it.

However, even so - it seems much of this debate has been understood by many outsiders (within the church) as a political issue rather than a translation issue.

Personally, I have no problem with 'gender-neutral' language where the intent in the original Greek is also 'gender-neutral'. In fact, some would argue that it more accurately reflects the intent of the original author...

Comment