Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Leonard Nimoy died today at 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that it matters in general, but does anyone know his religious beliefs?

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
      Not that it matters in general, but does anyone know his religious beliefs?
      He was Jewish.

Comment

He will be missed.

http://qz.com/352855/the-secret-hist...-spock-salute/
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Ok, the funeral is tomorrow and apparently it will be private. I'm a little surprised. I guess the Nimoy family isn't following the traditional 24 hours I've encountered with other Jews.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

It's a little late for this... but perhaps as an early observation of the one year anniversary. ..

I Grieve With Thee.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I have a friend that looks a lot like Nimoy too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4238[/ATTACH]
              Um, you meant looks like William Shatner?
              Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

No

Comment

OK, I'm sure that in person he looks like Leonard Nimoy. However, the picture you provided does look to me more like William Shatner. A lot more like Wm Shatner.
                  Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4238[/ATTACH]
                    william-shatner-leonard-nimoy.jpg

Definitely like Nimoy. Adam, you are a strange man.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I think that he looks more like Al Gore

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, Shatner was young once upon a time with a much thinner face.
                        I admit the friend on close inspection does have a nose like Nimoy's, but (no fair!) it hardly shows in this straight-forward shot.

Comment

mike.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]12100[/ATTACH]Looks more like Jonathan "John" de Lancie as "Q"
                          leonard-nimoy-spock-quotes-saying-dead-died-death.jpg
                          Than Leonard Nimoy who played "Spock"
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 37818; 12-31-2015, 03:57 PM.
                          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X