Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

My DD says hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DD says hi

My DD is 10 and really wants to be involved in debate and apologetics. She even wrote her own list of points to make to 7up. (The last point was that she should have a TWeb account. I told her she has to work on being kind, and her father told her she has to learn about her own beliefs before she debates someone else. Not to mention that she's way too young to be on a forum.)

She wants me to tell 7up, "You're wrong and my mom is right."

I do not mean that in a rude way. It just seems both cute, and funny to me.

Comment

I understand, Cerebrum. She is cute -- she asks me, "Can we have an argument?" and there's just no good answer to that if you don't want to have an argument...

It's hard being ten -- you know enough to know what you want to do, but a lot of times you don't have the tools to do it yet. I had similar struggles at her age.

Comment

Unfortunately she will have to wait a few more years before she can join us.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kind Debater View Post
          I understand, Cerebrum. She is cute -- she asks me, "Can we have an argument?" and there's just no good answer to that if you don't want to have an argument... .

Comment

Originally posted by Kind Debater View Post
            My DD is 10 and really wants to be involved in debate and apologetics. She even wrote her own list of points to make to 7up. (The last point was that she should have a TWeb account. I told her she has to work on being kind, and her father told her she has to learn about her own beliefs before she debates someone else. Not to mention that she's way too young to be on a forum.)

She wants me to tell 7up, "You're wrong and my mom is right."
            You know, it's really good that your daughter is interested in apologetics and in learning doctrine. Good for you.

Comment

KD, the correct answer is, "Okay, you win."
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X