Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Wow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
    I've heard of Brother Aardvark, but I don't recall ever being acquainted.
    He had an uncanny ability to be totally honest, and admit when he didn't know something, or agree that some of Smith's statements were, indeed, problematic.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      what about LDStrue?

He was the quincentenciantiablle died-hard dont-confuse-me-with-the-facts committed Mormon.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        He was the quincentenciantiablle died-hard dont-confuse-me-with-the-facts committed Mormon.
        I thought I had that title reserved for me....
        "The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven...." Joseph Smith

Comment

Jeff! welcome back.

Comment

Jeff
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post
              I thought I had that title reserved for me....
              You're jealous.

Comment

I am glad the bugs got worked out so the site could be resurrected. I wasn't smart enough to really make the Facebook version work.
                "The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven...." Joseph Smith

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post
                  I am glad the bugs got worked out so the site could be resurrected. I wasn't smart enough to really make the Facebook version work.
                  I wasn't smart enough NOT to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    And Brother Aardvark - remember him?
                    I heard that! We Aardvarks have good big ears ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Aardvark View Post
                      I heard that! We Aardvarks have good big ears ya know.
                      Laughing hard .... WELCOME!!!!! Good to see you!

Comment

Hi Jeff... Welcome back. And hello to Brother Aardvark. ..not sure if we've interacted before.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          Hi Jeff... Welcome back. And hello to Brother Aardvark. ..not sure if we've interacted before.
                          Hi DesertBerean,

I used to post here a few years ago. Can't seem to find any of those old posts.

I had to re-register because I no longer have the email address I used for my original registration.

I'm probably not going to post much here, but I like to come back in and read the posts every once in a while to see what the prevailing attitude is among those who feel a need to discuss LDS issues.

I am a true believing Mormon, currently serving as Deacons Quorum adviser in my ward. Happily married 38 years, 2 grown children, 7 un-grown grand kids.

I'm a programmer by day and a professional musician by night.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Aardvark View Post
                            Hi DesertBerean,

I used to post here a few years ago. Can't seem to find any of those old posts.

I had to re-register because I no longer have the email address I used for my original registration.

I'm probably not going to post much here, but I like to come back in and read the posts every once in a while to see what the prevailing attitude is among those who feel a need to discuss LDS issues.

I am a true believing Mormon, currently serving as Deacons Quorum adviser in my ward. Happily married 38 years, 2 grown children, 7 un-grown grand kids.

I'm a programmer by day and a professional musician by night.
                            Those posts are gone. The hard drive crashed. Even if you had that email address it would have been worthless. We all had to re-register too.

Comment

My priest referenced the actions of a Mormon bishop in his homily today on the Last Judgment (Matt. 25:31-46). The bishop had a professional makeup artist disguise him as a homeless man, then hung out in the parking lot at people arrived for their weekly ward meeting. He got reactions ranging from negative (people telling to leave because he didn't belong) to positive (mostly children wanting to help). After everyone had arrived, he walked up to the podium and quietly stripped off his disguise a piece at a time. He then said something like, "I don't judge you, for I could've been the one turning me away. I just want you to think next time you see a homeless person, and not judge by their appearance."
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'm baaaaack! shining_nicholson.jpgshining_nicholson.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X