Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Walmart Weasels out of Savings Catcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart Weasels out of Savings Catcher

Walmart had a really neat app that let you put your sales receipt in, and it would automatically scan for competing prices, and reward you the difference - the "Savings Catcher".

I guess since they did their minimum wage increase*, they've had to find other places to cut back....

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using Savings Catcher. We wanted to share with you an update on some changes to the program. Beginning February 14, 2015, we are removing some departments consisting mostly of items that do not have a like for like match at other retailers, such as produce and bakery items. Additionally, we are limiting our comparisons to offers of other mass market retailers, grocery and dollar stores, removing comparisons with drug stores.

Thanks again for using Savings Catcher and shopping with us. We are dedicated to providing customers like you with Everyday Low Prices. It's a mission we're proud of and we'll continue to work hard to deliver for you.

For details on these and other changes, please visit our Terms of Use or FAQs.

Sincerely,
    Your Walmart Savings Catcher Team

In other words, we're STILL doing this, but not on items where you might actually get any reward.

*being somewhat facetious here
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

You trusted the app to tell you the truth in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You trusted the app to tell you the truth in the first place?
      Stop talking about my wife that way!!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Try Publix ..
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Walmart had a really neat app that let you put your sales receipt in, and it would automatically scan for competing prices, and reward you the difference - the "Savings Catcher".

I guess since they did their minimum wage increase*, they've had to find other places to cut back....

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using Savings Catcher. We wanted to share with you an update on some changes to the program. Beginning February 14, 2015, we are removing some departments consisting mostly of items that do not have a like for like match at other retailers, such as produce and bakery items. Additionally, we are limiting our comparisons to offers of other mass market retailers, grocery and dollar stores, removing comparisons with drug stores.

Thanks again for using Savings Catcher and shopping with us. We are dedicated to providing customers like you with Everyday Low Prices. It's a mission we're proud of and we'll continue to work hard to deliver for you.

For details on these and other changes, please visit our Terms of Use or FAQs.

Sincerely,
          Your Walmart Savings Catcher Team

In other words, we're STILL doing this, but not on items where you might actually get any reward.

*being somewhat facetious here
          Sounds like they're all but telling you to go to drug stores for a better deal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Try Publix ..
            I usually get better deals at Krogers

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah but Publix has a great coupon policy.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

CP lives in Texas though, and I have never seen a Publix in Texas. There are a few Kroger stores hanging on in east Texas but I'm not sure if there are any in CP's area. There are few or no Albertson's left, as well. In Texas, HEB has pretty much either wiped out their competitors or is working on it. Walmart and Target are the only two grocery retailers in the state that I don't see backing off any time soon, but that is mainly because they are established sources of other stuff that HEB has only relatively recently started selling (like electronics, toys, and housewares).
                Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Um, what's an HEB? I lived in NM for four years but don't recall seeing one on the trip.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Kroger is still pretty strong here in North Texas with stores in cities of around 25k and above. HEB is pretty much a Central to Southern Texas store. I think the farthest north HEB store I can recall is...Waco?
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                      CP lives in Texas though, and I have never seen a Publix in Texas.
                      Never heard of Publix.

There are a few Kroger stores hanging on in east Texas but I'm not sure if there are any in CP's area.
                      Kroger is pretty common in the Houston area, for sure. There's one withing 8 miles of my house, and I live out in the boonies.

There are few or no Albertson's left, as well. In Texas,
                      Yeah, last Albertson's I saw, I think, was in Tyler. MAYBE there was one in College Station a while back, but - yeah, pretty much gone.

HEB has pretty much either wiped out their competitors or is working on it.
                      HEB is still pretty strong where I live.

Walmart and Target are the only two grocery retailers in the state that I don't see backing off any time soon, but that is mainly because they are established sources of other stuff that HEB has only relatively recently started selling (like electronics, toys, and housewares).
                      Target actually seems to be making a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Never heard of Publix.

Kroger is pretty common in the Houston area, for sure. There's one withing 8 miles of my house, and I live out in the boonies.

Yeah, last Albertson's I saw, I think, was in Tyler. MAYBE there was one in College Station a while back, but - yeah, pretty much gone.

HEB is still pretty strong where I live.

Target actually seems to be making a comeback.
                        Albertson's is still pretty strong in North Texas (Dallas) Area.
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                          Kroger is still pretty strong here in North Texas with stores in cities of around 25k and above. HEB is pretty much a Central to Southern Texas store. I think the farthest north HEB store I can recall is...Waco?
                          Accurate. Kroger and Winco (which is new in my particular area of North Texas) were our go-tos. Now at school I've got HEB and I guess there's Aldi if I get desperate?

Source: I lived in North Texas and now live in Waco.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Um, what's an HEB? I lived in NM for four years but don't recall seeing one on the trip.
                            As far as I know, HEB only has stores in Texas and Mexico... so far.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                              Accurate. Kroger and Winco (which is new in my particular area of North Texas) were our go-tos. Now at school I've got HEB and I guess there's Aldi if I get desperate?

Source: I lived in North Texas and now live in Waco.
                              I had no idea there were Aldi stores in the US. I saw their ads in England but didn't shop there.

Comment