Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Ever had salmon fish and chips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Fish is fish....right?
    Fish is fish, but salmon is salmon. Not a fair comparison. Though I only eat salmon grilled, or baked, or in salmon dip, or smoked or . . .

ETA: Catfish is very good, but it ain't salmon.
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 03-07-2015, 11:39 PM.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I think it has something to do with some sort of oil that so-called white fish only have in their liver rather than in varios organs. One of my favorite less fishy tasting fish is mahi mahi.
      Yeah, Tilapia had caught on in restaurants here, but Mrs CP saw a special on how they're raised, and it seemed to portray them as bottom feeders under the catfish. I'm hoping she got her fish mixed up, because I did enjoy Tilapia until that.

We had a restaurant (now closed) which featured Basa fish - basically a Vietnamese catfish, I think, but very mild.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Was it white salmon or pink salmon? I like the white one but I'm meh on pink salmon.
        Last edited by Darth Executor; 03-08-2015, 09:06 AM.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Was it white salmon or pink salmon? I like the white one but I'm meh on pink salmon.
          It was pink, but not the really dark one. Actually a very mild flavour.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            Fish is fish, but salmon is salmon. Not a fair comparison. Though I only eat salmon grilled, or baked, or in salmon dip, or smoked or . . .

You're making me hungry.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
            "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yeah, Tilapia had caught on in restaurants here, but Mrs CP saw a special on how they're raised, and it seemed to portray them as bottom feeders under the catfish. I'm hoping she got her fish mixed up, because I did enjoy Tilapia until that.

We had a restaurant (now closed) which featured Basa fish - basically a Vietnamese catfish, I think, but very mild.
              The only tilapia I have ever had was pretty blah. Mahi mahi is good.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                I do not know about Atlantic Salmon, but the only "Salmon" we get in Alaska that is white is Steelhead - sea run rainbow trout.

Comment

One of my brother's friends opened a small seafood restaurant several years ago and served the first catfish that I thought was better than okay. It was awesome. Unfortunately he didn't think that he needed to pay any payroll taxes so the IRS shut him down.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    Kasha's Daddy made them for supper last night. I was skeptical.

But the fish was absolutely fabulous! He had such a crispy batter, and the meat was cooked perfectly! Yum!

I am sold now on salmon fish and chips!
                    No, but I've had fresh snapper and Kumara Chips (orange Kumara taste the best)
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I do not know about Atlantic Salmon, but the only "Salmon" we get in Alaska that is white is Steelhead - sea run rainbow trout.
                      Colorado had a major steelhead season each year while I was there. I think they still do.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

We occasionally get a shipment of steelhead in the stores. They had a deal on them at sprouts. I'm the major fish consumer in the home. I asked the butcher to cut me a single serve filet Catfish tastes how the local waste floor tastes. Kansas Catfish are cheap and mild. But since I'm not eating gluten and I refuse catfish unless they're fried (though there are alternate batters) I love salmon. Not fried.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

chips made out of salmon? blech.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              Salmon-Teriyaki-Chips.jpg

Comment

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X