Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

TWeb tech issues (500s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWeb tech issues (500s)

Hello,

I understand people have been having issues with getting 500 errors occasionally. I've made a few servery changes - but it could still come back.

If you do have this issue, could you reply with relevant details:
    Date+Time (incl. timezone)
    What error code/s you got, and on what pages (provide URLs)
    Any other details.

Thanks muchly,
    Chrs

Subscribing.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I've gotten several 500 errors, but not in the last day or two --- will document future events as requested.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
        Thanks muchly,
        No, muchly thank you very.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          No, muchly thank you very.
          Yeah - now stop spammin the report thread or Mossy will clobbertize us.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Have not encountered the issue.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

IIRC the only times I've gotten them have been for the main page. I think I got them for a bit Friday about 3-ish EST.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Couldn't get on at all earlier this morning - "Server Not Found" error. Flushed DNS, cleared caches, rebooted computer -- all other websites I tried to reach worked, but Tweb was unavailable --- couldn't even ping it. On Facebook, however, Punkinhead said she saw it up and running.

Comment

So, it's been working this morning, but suddenly, about 10:20 this morning, I got another "Server Not Found" error while trying to update a post in the Miracles thread -- but when I refreshed, Tweb was there again.

Comment

I'm having some weird DNS errors myself, i'm wondering what's going on.

(So apparently I fix one problem and something else breaks.)

Comment

What DNS server are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
                        I'm having some weird DNS errors myself, i'm wondering what's going on.

(So apparently I fix one problem and something else breaks.)
                        Yeah, I guessed it was DNS, because the ping is immediately rejected. Not like it's actually trying to find a server that happens to be down.

Comment

My ISP is Time-Warner cable at home and a dedicated network at work (I believe AT&T provides the actual network connection) - and I hardly ever have problems getting on. Just rarely, it might hang for a few minutes before working again, but I get that on other websites too.

Comment

At 11:18 central time, I got a server is not connected message today. It works now.
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I haven't been able to connect with my iPad all morning. Wasn't home to try on the laptop until now. I did all I could think of to get the iPad to connect, and it won't.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X