Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

TWeb tech issues (500s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
    The 500 server errors are back.
    Kept getting them until only a few minutes ago.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I got one just a minute ago. Tried again and got in.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Time to reboot the Server?
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

i'll have a look at the logs tomorrow evening
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I have rebooted the server after applying some OS updates. please let me know if there are still issues.
            Last edited by Raphael; 01-25-2016, 03:32 AM.
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Seems like we are under a DDOS attack. I set up a firewall through Cloudflare that should help. It puts up a 5 second delay when you first access the site to stop the bots from getting through and blocks known DDOS and hacker IP's.

Not sure why we were attacked. Let me know if everything is working better now.

Comment

Is there anyone with a grudge against tweb?
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Is there anyone with a grudge against tweb?
                  Remember skepticbud?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    Remember skepticbud?
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Could be wrong but I don't think it is bud. He doesn't have the knowhow or resources to do something like this. At least I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Could be wrong but I don't think it is bud. He doesn't have the knowhow or resources to do something like this. At least I don't think so.
                        Him personally? No, but he might have gotten some friends to do something. I'm not saying that's the case, but I think this situation merits a close look.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          Him personally? No, but he might have gotten some friends to do something. I'm not saying that's the case, but I think this situation merits a close look.
                          I dont think he has friends.

Comment

Seems to be over now. If it starts up again, I can be reached at
                            sparko @ theologyweb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I dont think he has friends.
                              Well, you know the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Well, maybe that's in play.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X