Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Binge Watching old TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something else I didn't remember from when I was younger watching Adam-12..... Their uniforms are PLAIN!!!! No shoulder patches, no collar brass... pretty much a plain navy blue uniform shirt with a name plate and a badge - and that's it. (well, except for sergeant stripes and service stripes on the sleeve - but even those are pretty much subdued)

Oh, yeah, their SHOOTING medals!

reed22.jpg

As opposed to NYPD....

nypd cop.jpg
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 03-24-2015, 10:34 AM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

yeah I would have expected Reed to have at least one stripe on his sleeve after 5 years.

I was watching COPS after a night of watching Adam-12 and was struck by the differences. Now cops have vests and tasers and all that, back then they basically looked like mailmen. And on Adam-12, even the bad criminals seemed to dress nicely (except the hippies!) and on Cops most of the people they pull over seem to be wearing wife-beater t's, or sweatsuits, and covered in tatoos and basically look like the type of people you would find in a Walmart at 2AM. The officers on COPS take no chances but basically yell at the suspects to get out of the car and lay down at any hint of foul play, and they will argue with the suspects. On Adam-12 they would be very polite and all that to just about everyone unless they were being shot at and never argued with the suspects (maybe Adam-12 was supposed to be about Canadian cops?)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        yeah I would have expected Reed to have at least one stripe on his sleeve after 5 years.

I was watching COPS after a night of watching Adam-12 and was struck by the differences. Now cops have vests and tasers and all that, back then they basically looked like mailmen. And on Adam-12, even the bad criminals seemed to dress nicely (except the hippies!) and on Cops most of the people they pull over seem to be wearing wife-beater t's, or sweatsuits, and covered in tatoos and basically look like the type of people you would find in a Walmart at 2AM. The officers on COPS take no chances but basically yell at the suspects to get out of the car and lay down at any hint of foul play, and they will argue with the suspects. On Adam-12 they would be very polite and all that to just about everyone unless they were being shot at and never argued with the suspects (maybe Adam-12 was supposed to be about Canadian cops?)
        Yeah, remember how upset Malloy was when one of the other officers got "rough" with a prisoner - it was like a federal case!

And you just gotta LOVE Mac....

sergent.jpg
        Sergeant "Mac" MacDonald

He was always so COOL headed --- except in that one episode when he was having problems at home, so he was uncharacteristically mean to the guys on the show. (I think they overplayed that part - it was way out of character for him)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And Mac always showed up at the hostage scene with his station wagon police car, opens the back, gets the tear gas gun out of its wooden box, and GIVES IT TO MALLOY to shoot!!!!

Comment

Yeah and the tear gas canisters looked more like RPGs. They were huge! and pointy.

Comment

Do you remember "The Rookies"?

rookies_2.jpg

Lt. Ed Ryker was my hero - I remember one episode when one of the rookies fired a warning shot in the air, and Ryker came unglued --- "Have they stopped telling you at the Police Academy that God is on OUR SIDE???? Don't shoot at GOD!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Do you remember "The Rookies"?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4830[/ATTACH]

Lt. Ed Ryker was my hero - I remember one episode when one of the rookies fired a warning shot in the air, and Ryker came unglued --- "Have they stopped telling you at the Police Academy that God is on OUR SIDE???? Don't shoot at GOD!!!"
                No I don't remember that show.

I do remember this one though:
                p184387_b_h3_aa.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  No I don't remember that show.

I do remember this one though:
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4831[/ATTACH]
                  Yup, and they ACTUALLY SAID... "one black, one white, one blonde"

Comment

I am on season 4 of Emergency now.

Comment

Ugh, I have not been able to make it through shows like I used to. First we started MASH this year (we have all episodes on dvd), then we started Foyles War, and now we started Viccar of Dibley. And of course we have finished none of them.

I tried to get into Cheers and Magnum PI, but the shows seemed too dated--sad, as I remember when they were on tv!
                      No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

And the most shocking thing on both Adam-12 and Emergency! .... THEY DID NOT WEAR BELTS IN THE CAR!!!!
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Been watching Walking Dead, several episodes at a time.

By myself. In the afternoon.

Mr. mossy didn't care for it all that much the first time.

And, yes, I know it isn't an "old" show.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Been watching Walking Dead, several episodes at a time.

By myself. In the afternoon.

Mr. mossy didn't care for it all that much the first time.

And, yes, I know it isn't an "old" show.
                            Those sorta shows are best viewed at night with the lights turned down or completely off.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah the walking dead is great. did you see the episode where Rick Grimes becomes a zombie and kills all his friends?

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X