Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Term for people who renounce antitheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was actually a serious contender for President in 1992.

I think one of his worst comments was when he suggested the US covertly assassinate Hugo Chavez. That could have had serious repercussions for US foreign policy, but I think by then people knew not to take him seriously.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      He was actually a serious contender for President in 1992.

I think one of his worst comments was when he suggested the US covertly assassinate Hugo Chavez. That could have had serious repercussions for US foreign policy, but I think by then people knew not to take him seriously.
      I didn't know about any of that actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        I would use the term enlightened.
        He still does not propose a belief in a theistic God, nor Christianity. What he expressed is Deism.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
          I remember a while back some video on FAs and that they had a term for people who reject their dogma for theism.
          "blessed"
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
            They called Flew senile.
            Still do.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              He still does not propose a belief in a theistic God, nor Christianity. What he expressed is Deism.
              I have a vague suspicion that every one in the thread is aware of his switch to Deism. Your failure to realize that I was referring to his turn away from atheism as a blessing. Your common inability to understand what people are actually saying and responding in weird ways suggests that senility might be better attributed to you than to Flew.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                I have a vague suspicion that every one in the thread is aware of his switch to Deism. Your failure to realize that I was referring to his turn away from atheism as a blessing. Your common inability to understand what people are actually saying and responding in weird ways suggests that senility might be better attributed to you than to Flew.
                I simply clarified his current view.

Your response is
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

He does not propose anything now, being that he has been dead for five years.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                  "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                  Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I simply clarified his current view.

Your response is
                    As was your post #8.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                      He does not propose anything now, being that he has been dead for five years.
                      OK. I did not know he was deceased.

Frank

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X