Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What kind of clothing should Christians wear when in public?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Could, yes. But seriously, why would you wear basically your undies if not to titilate or at least excite a response? Modesty has as much to do with intent as yardage.
    Are there any modern swimsuits that aren't at least in part designed to titillate or at least excite a response? Admittedly some more than others.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
      Back in the day the women wore does onesies right?
      Yep.swimearlyvics400new.jpg
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

It's been years since I could find a good bathing suit that wasn't a bikini. I'm uncomfortable with displaying my body for other reasons as well, though, so most of the time I either have high waisted shorts or a sleeveless top over it though. And mine (my only swimsuit because anxiety reasons) is a bit retro in the top to begin with.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
          It's been years since I could find a good bathing suit that wasn't a bikini. I'm uncomfortable with displaying my body for other reasons as well, though, so most of the time I either have high waisted shorts or a sleeveless top over it though. And mine (my only swimsuit because anxiety reasons) is a bit retro in the top to begin with.
          I'm seriously considering making one. Nothing fits and the ones with skirts are too long.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Yep.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4570[/ATTACH]
            oh...
            "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
            "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
            Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

We has bare ankle there!

Hopefully we don't have to resort to the "burquini" as seen in some Muslim countries

000000000Burqini.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why would we wear tortellinis?
                "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

I started wearing swimsuit long tangs with thick straps high necks and short swim skirt's just enough to cover the top of my hip/thigh. I also have some 50's style bottoms to fit with a tank. As far as dress goes I don't wear anything revealing low cut at least not without a scarf or cover. All my skirts and dresses are just above the knee or lower and my shorts fit loose have 3 inches above the knee 4 or 5 at the beach or lake but I genuinely like loose long dresses and Capri pants plus there is the coverage factor. No need for anyone but hubby to see more
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

My mom suggested using the sports bras and hot shorts made out of the dry fit fabric the other day. Certainly something I'll keep in mind for my next Six Flags adventure. I always have to wear a swimsuit under my clothes because I ride the Aquaman.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I am become death...

Comment

Like this. Cute pretty modest and attractive.a91568d52eb1c3340cf6b95eb2d7dead.jpg
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Quantum Weirdness View Post
                          This is a topic that really isn't that clear to me.

Say that you are going to the beach. Should a male be wearing just a boxer shorts or pants leaving his entire top uncovered? Should a female wear just a bikini?
                          The Bible is silent on what kind of clothing to wear for Christians. Jesus probably wore a cloak and possibly a commoner's toga. David danced in his skivvies in public on one occasion, Adam and Eve wore fig leaves, etc... It's just not a legalistic thing.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Quantum Weirdness View Post
                            This is a topic that really isn't that clear to me.

Say that you are going to the beach. Should a male be wearing just a boxer shorts or pants leaving his entire top uncovered? Should a female wear just a bikini?
                            Not everything has to be ruled by 'Thou shalt' and 'Thou shalt not'. And the absence of explicit rules doesn't mean anything goes.

Let the virtues be your guide: prudence, temperance, charity.

Comment

Respect cultural mores, too. Scott Nash points out in giving some background to Corinthians that in that culture, a women whose head was uncovered was advertising herself as a prostitute, thus Paul's admonition to women to cover their heads.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                Respect cultural mores, too. Scott Nash points out in giving some background to Corinthians that in that culture, a women whose head was uncovered was advertising herself as a prostitute, thus Paul's admonition to women to cover their heads.
                                What a convenient negation of the text for our time.

Paul appeals to φύσις there in 1 Corinthians, just as he refers to φύσις when he condemns homosexuality in Romans.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X