Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Heavy Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Would you consider Sepultura thrash?
    Not sure; I've never heard them. Heard of them, just never listened to them.

Jesse, have you ever listened to Slechtvalk?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist
      Jesse, have you ever listened to Slechtvalk?
      Actually I haven't. Is there something particular you think I might enjoy from them?
      "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
        Actually I haven't. Is there something particular you think I might enjoy from them?
        Maybe--I'm hopeful. They're not really black metal; they're more of a melodic black/death metal band, but they are definitely worth checking out. This is probably their best song:

Comment

Maybe--I'm hopeful. They're not really black metal; they're more of a melodic black/death metal band, but they are definitely worth checking out. This is probably their best song:
          Whoa. That was a great tune! I went and listened to the rest of A Forlorn Throne. I think Allegiance is right up there with Forsaken. The bit of groove on that was sweet. Divided by Malice and Enthroned are great. Towards the Dawn is just full on amazing. Thank you a ton for introducing me to these guys. I don't know how I missed them. Now I have to go and listen to more. They might become the next band I put alongside Possession as one of the more unique extreme bands I've heard in a long time.
          Last edited by Jesse; 03-16-2015, 01:47 AM.
          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Whoa. That was a great tune! I went and listened to the rest of A Forlorn Throne. I think Allegiance is right up there with Forsaken. The bit of groove on that was sweet. Divided by Malice and Enthroned are great. Towards the Dawn is just full on amazing. Thank you a ton for introducing me to these guys. I don't know how I missed them. Now I have to go and listen to more. They might become the next band I put alongside Possession as one of the more unique extreme bands I've heard in a long time.
            They're a really cool band. The album before this one, At the Dawn of War, is more of a folky melodic black metal album, but it's really good. The album before that is hard to find and I don't have it. The album before that is flatout impossible to find (though I have a copy* ) and is more of an atmospheric black metal album.

Also, they're recording a new album right now. I've already preordered it.

*That album, Falconry, remains the most expensive album I've ever bought. The only copy I've ever seen for sale was the one I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              They're a really cool band. The album before this one, At the Dawn of War, is more of a folky melodic black metal album, but it's really good. The album before that is hard to find and I don't have it. The album before that is flatout impossible to find (though I have a copy* ) and is more of an atmospheric black metal album.

Also, they're recording a new album right now. I've already preordered it.

*That album, Falconry, remains the most expensive album I've ever bought. The only copy I've ever seen for sale was the one I bought.
              I had a listen to the rest of their discography. I wasn't able to find anything that grabbed me as much as their latest though. I guess there was too much black metal in their earlier works for me. I like the combination of a little black with the groovy death on this one. If the new album is anything like Forlorn, I am definitely picking it up.

Comment

I had a listen to the rest of their discography. I wasn't able to find anything that grabbed me as much as their latest though. I guess there was too much black metal in their earlier works for me. I like the combination of a little black with the groovy death on this one. If the new album is anything like Forlorn, I am definitely picking it up.
                The new album should be quite a bit like A Forlorn Throne, yeah. The band has said that they're going in that direction, and the more heavily black metal of their earlier albums is largely a thing of the past.

I'm very excited about the new album.

Edit: Also worth mentioning is that the band members are Christians (I believe). I wouldn't necessarily call them a Christian band, but Christians in a band.
                Last edited by Zymologist; 03-16-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

The new album should be quite a bit like A Forlorn Throne, yeah. The band has said that they're going in that direction, and the more heavily black metal of their earlier albums is largely a thing of the past.

I'm very excited about the new album.

Edit: Also worth mentioning is that the band members are Christians (I believe). I wouldn't necessarily call them a Christian band, but Christians in a band.
                  That sounds fantastic. I hope they don't get rid of the black metal completely. I like how it compliments the rest of the music overall. Nice and unique sound. We don't need them to go full death metal .

Well that is great to hear. We need more metal like this in the Christian scene (the whole metal scene to be exact). I'm kinda getting sick of all the deathcore and djent sloshing around. We need a bit more progression.

More please!
                  Last edited by Jesse; 03-16-2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Since I mentioned Possession, I figured I would post something from them. They blend melodic death, thrash, and classic metal together into something very unique in my view:

I hope the talk is true and that we do indeed get a re-release of this amazing album.
                    Last edited by Jesse; 03-18-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Since I mentioned Possession, I figured I would post something from them. They blend melodic death, thrash, and classic metal together into something very unique in my view:

I hope the talk is true and that we do indeed get a re-release of this amazing album.
                      That's really cool. I knew about this album, but never actually listened to it.

Comment

That's really cool. I knew about this album, but never actually listened to it.
                        I was hoping you would like it. The album is much more death then it is thrash. The band became Frost Like Ashes (black metal) after putting out this one album. I was really bummed because I felt they had something special here and I wanted to see it grow. Between this and Slechtvalk, you have the best mix of metal.

Comment

I've mentioned them on here, but never actually posted music of theirs. Darkspace:

Comment

Anyone here a fan of Glam/Sleaze? Here is one of the better albums that came out last year. It also happens to probably be the best female-fronted band to come out in a long time:

Last edited by Jesse; 03-20-2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Here's a band I've been getting into recently. In this song you have some great death metal with a bit of Blue Öyster Cult melody thrown in.

Comment

Anyone here a fan of Glam/Sleaze? Here is one of the better albums that came out last year. It also happens to probably be the best female-fronted band to come out in a long time:

... You've gotten me hooked. I've been constantly listening to Chaos Royale on repeat (though I cannot link to the song for language reasons).
                                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X