Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 02/05/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 02/05/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    The mystery of God’s love solved???

Have you ever thought yourself undeserving of God’s love or am I the only one? Soon it will be Ash Wednesday, then Lent, then Palm Sunday, then Good Friday, and finally Easter Sunday which are times when we’ll come face-to-face with the fact that Jesus sacrificed his life for us. One of the most powerful songs for me at Easter is “the Hammer” a song sung by Ray Boltz, about the man who nailed Jesus to the cross but when he sings, “And I saw the hammer in my hand,” I immediately see myself with the hammer in my hand. And like the Roman Soldier in the song I feel undeserving of Jesus’ sacrifice. (Here’s a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3xh8770ESA.)

A couple of days ago while reading chapter 3 of John and thinking about Easter and how I feel undeserving. Suddenly in my imagination I heard the Holy Spirit asking me, “If God loved you enough to send Jesus into your life and if Jesus loved you enough to give his life for you how can you feel undeserving?” Then as I began reading at verse 34 rather than feeling guilty and undeserving I began feeling loved, blessed, and humbled like never before.

“The One that God sent speaks God’s words. And don’t think he rations out the Spirit in bits and pieces. The Father loves the Son extravagantly. He turned everything over to him so he could give it away—a lavish distribution of gifts. That is why whoever accepts and trusts the Son gets in on everything, life complete and forever!” (John 3:34–36, The Message) It is because Jesus gave his life for us that we are deserving of God’s love.

I have come to the conclusion that when one thinks they are undeserving of God’s love they are in danger of isolating themselves not only from Jesus but also the “lavish distribution of gifts” he desires them to give them. I have also concluded that from Jesus’ perspective he died for me and not because of me. Yet there is no denying it was because of my sins Jesus died and so I find myself wrapped up in a mystery – the mystery of God’s love.

When we can see the totality of our life from Jesus’ perspective we then can see the truth and that truth will set us free! That’s not always easy but always necessary.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end—” (Isaiah 43:2, The Message)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X