Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Derail from Orthodox Anathema Service on Christology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    No, you were asked to change to "unorthodox". There is a setting for Christian (unothodox), that would have been fine, but you apparently didn't understand what I told you to do. I will take the blame for that since I apparently didn't know you wouldn't understand me.
    Christianity 201

Laying on of hands isn't always a good thing. General topics within historic Christianity. Christian Only.
    Respectfully, mossrose, your statement is false. Unorthodox is not to be a Christian. Non-christians, whether they use the label Christian or not, are lost, in need of salvation.

" . . . But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." -- 2 Corinthians 4:3-4.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
      Christianity 201

Laying on of hands isn't always a good thing. General topics within historic Christianity. Christian Only.
      Respectfully, mossrose, your statement is false. Unorthodox is not to be a Christian. Non-christians, whether they use the label Christian or not, are lost, in need of salvation.

" . . . But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." -- 2 Corinthians 4:3-4.
      Respectfully, you are not the arbiter of what words mean, here or anywhere.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Respectfully, you are not the arbiter of what words mean, here or anywhere.
        "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" -- Matthew 16:26.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" -- Matthew 16:26.
          What is this, a random bible verse? Or are you trying to imply that we're lost?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Amen... did you have a point with it though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              Amen... did you have a point with it though?

I'm the one here being exclude as if not Christian from the "Christian only" forums. What essential of the Christian faith do I deny?

What comes to mind, David when Saul sought to kill him wrote, "no man cared for my soul." While it is not the same, it came to mind.

Comment

I'm the one here being exclude as if not Christian from the "Christian only" forums. What essential of the Christian faith do I deny?
                We're excluding you from those forums because your beliefs are not orthodox, not because we don't think you're a Christian in any sense.
                What comes to mind, David when Saul sought to kill him wrote, "no man cared for my soul." While it is not the same, it came to mind.
                Your martyr complex is duly noted.

sigpic

Comment

We're excluding you from those forums because your beliefs are not orthodox, not because we don't think you're a Christian in any sense.
                  Ah, being exclued from "Christian only" forum, is not in any sense?
                  Your martyr complex is duly noted.
                  If it is not a matter of salvation, then it is a secondary issue. What specific truth am I denying? [for clarity.] And then why is it essential to orthodoxy? This is important is it not?
                  Last edited by 37818; 04-21-2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Ah, being exclued from "Christian only" forum, is not in any sense?
                    We have guidelines which clearly explain what we mean by that.
                    If it is not a matter of salvation, then it is a secondary issue. What specific truth am I denying? [for clarity.] And then why is it essential to orthodoxy? This is important is it not?
                    You've been told, repeatedly, that your christology (and hence your view of the Trinity) is unorthodox, and why, in this thread. I don't see any need to rehash old ground yet again because you're still not satisfied. It's not going to get any clearer until you start using the same definitions everyone else does.

sigpic

Comment

We have guidelines which clearly explain what we mean by that.
                      I meet those guide lines.
                      You've been told, repeatedly, that your christology (and hence your view of the Trinity) is unorthodox, . . .
                      Alleged. The fact is that I do agree with the Tweb mission statement.

. . . and why, in this thread. I don't see any need to rehash old ground yet again because you're still not satisfied. It's not going to get any clearer until you start using the same definitions everyone else does.
                      OK. Has the definition of the trinity changed? One God who is three Persons. God the Father, the Son of God and the Holy Spirit who are the three Persons who are the one God. That the Son of God in the incarnation is both fully man and remains fully God.
                      Last edited by 37818; 04-22-2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I meet those guide lines.
                        Allegedly.
                        Alleged. The fact is that I do agree with the Tweb mission statement.
                        Which we're revising to make it more difficult for people like you who like to use their own definitions, much like the Nicene Creed was formulated to exclude Arians, who could agree with a wink and a nod with earlier creeds.
                        OK. Has the definition of the trinity changed? One God who is three Persons. God the Father, the Son of God and the Holy Spirit who are the three Persons who are the one God. That the Son of God in the incarnation is both fully man and remains fully God.
                        The devil, as they say, is in the details. When you "hold the Son of God as the Logos always had two natures," that is a claim alien to orthodox thought. When you reject that the Son was begotten of the Father before all ages, you are rejecting orthodox thought.

Perhaps you've failed to notice, but NO ONE in this thread is agreeing with you on your stances here. That should tell you something.

sigpic

Comment

Which we're revising to make it more difficult for people like you who like to use their own definitions, much like the Nicene Creed was formulated to exclude Arians, who could agree with a wink and a nod with earlier creeds.

The devil, as they say, is in the details. When you "hold the Son of God as the Logos always had two natures," that is a claim alien to orthodox thought. When you reject that the Son was begotten of the Father before all ages, you are rejecting orthodox thought.

Perhaps you've failed to notice, but NO ONE in this thread is agreeing with you on your stances here. That should tell you something.
                          What essential cardinal truth of orthodoxy is denied by holding the Son of God always had two natures, the divine nature and a changeable nature?

Comment

What essential cardinal truth of orthodoxy is denied by holding the Son of God always had two natures, the divine nature and a changeable nature?
                            It denies that the two natures of Christ are God and man by substituting "changeable" for "human." The terms are not synonymous.

And I am done arguing this with you.

sigpic

Comment

It denies that the two natures of Christ are God and man by substituting "changeable" for "human." The terms are not synonymous.

And I am done arguing this with you.
                              So you are not interested in helping me change my mind.

The fact is the Person who is only-begotten of the God the Father changed from not being human before the incarnation to being human in the incarnation. That shows a changeable nature in becoming human. Of course we agree that His divine nature did not change.
                              Last edited by 37818; 04-23-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

No it does not. The divine nature is not denied. And in the incarnation where He became Human, He remained fully God in becoming fully human. How He was with God changed, not that He was God, that did not change.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X