Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Microsoft Support in Engrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Support in Engrish

I utilized Microsoft support for an issue I had with Office365, and received a request this morning to complete a survey. The VERY FIRST PAGE of the survey was...

survey.jpg

I just wish I could select the language when I get a customer support person on the phone. It always seems to be a foreign national ATTEMPTING to speak Engrish.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 03-23-2015, 11:03 AM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

On the OTHER hand, when I had my issue with transferring my Outlook365 accounts for my Church to a "non profit" billing - Microsoft seemed very pleasingly helpful and provided what I would consider proactive support - IN ENGLISH!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You have to know English to even answer the question of which language you want to take the questionnaire in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        You have to know English to even answer the question of which language you want to take the questionnaire in.
        Laughing... I think the survey is presented to you by default in the language in which your support matter was handled.

Comment

Prease to reboot computer in happy springtime!

badcomputer.jpg

happy-hacking.jpg

the-gangster.jpg

system-is-staring.jpg

Comment

Looks like Microsoft hired Dogbert.

dilbertreboot.gif

Comment

Looks like Microsoft hired Dogbert.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4826[/ATTACH]
              Yup......

I remember somebody had a dealie on "what if Microsoft had invented the car"....

one of them was - if the car stalls, remove the engine, then reinstall it.....

I forget the rest, but they were pretty silly

Comment

I just got a solar light from Amazon. Apparently it is from China. The instruction booklet is in Engrish. It's hilarious. I will try to remember to post some of it when I get home.

Comment

Found this at work one day when I was looking up product info for a customer. This is the website of one of our vendors.

http://touchupsolutions.com/burn-in-sticks/
                  "For those who have a small damage that’s will take off this discolor or maybe finish off of the lumber, chances are that the scratch is a lot lighter weight compared to complete."

http://touchupsolutions.com/touch-up-kits/
                  "It’s very very easy to get fabulous outcomes upon kitchen table in addition to easy chair thighs."
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I just got a solar light from Amazon. Apparently it is from China. The instruction booklet is in Engrish. It's hilarious. I will try to remember to post some of it when I get home.
                    You bought the SUN from Amazon? Man, they DO sell everything...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      You bought the SUN from Amazon? Man, they DO sell everything...
                      I will rent out the daylight and make a mint! But for you, I will give a discount of only 5 pounds of bacon a day.

Comment

I will rent out the daylight and make a mint! But for you, I will give a discount of only 5 pounds of bacon a day.
                        58365756.jpg
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I just got a disc cleaning kit from Amazon.

Not sure if Cow Poke or Rogue wrote the Engrish for this one.

"Again openating when washing dry"

engrish.jpg

Comment