Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pay Day Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Does that mean you think conspiracies are not real, like mermaids, unicorns, leprechauns? Maybe no amount of conspiracy evidence will ever sway your belief.
    Having studied a wide array of evidence I hold no belief that the government, law, medicine nor any of the like is out to get me. But then again I do not have a suspicious nor paranoid way of thought or living
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      Having studied a wide array of evidence I hold no belief that the government, law, medicine nor any of the like is out to get me. But then again I do not have a suspicious nor paranoid way of thought or living
      That's exactly what the reptilians that run the world want you to think!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        That's exactly what the reptilians that run the world want you to think!
        Hah
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Maybe you don't know about Gandhi or MLK, Jr. Nor Stalin and his henchmen. Mao Tse Tung and his henchmen. Oops, I didn't mean to imply Gandhi and MLK were evil. I mentioned them because they struggled against . . . guess what?
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I didn't mean to imply Gandhi and MLK were evil. I mentioned them because they struggled against . . . guess what?
            Itchy underwear?

Comment

There's a difference between acknowledging that specific conspiracies have existed and having a general outlook on life that everything is a conspiracy. I can acknowledge that, say, Watergate was a criminal conspiracy and not consider myself a conspiracist.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                There's a difference between acknowledging that specific conspiracies have existed and having a general outlook on life that everything is a conspiracy. I can acknowledge that, say, Watergate was a criminal conspiracy and not consider myself a conspiracist.
                But lack of evidence of a conspiracy does not in itself prove there's a conspiracy, does it?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I don't quite understand why you and others think that I have "a general outlook on life that everything is a conspiracy." Why do people like Sparko refuse to agree that what looked like evidence presented in many posts about the JFK assassination makes a case about who were involved in it? Note I said "were," not "was."
                  The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    But lack of evidence of a conspiracy does not in itself prove there's a conspiracy, does it?
                    First Sparko, then you. Why? I would have said instead that lack of evidence does not prove the nonexistence of a conspiracy. However, generally I do not take any conspiracy seriously if I don't see any substantial evidence for it. I wish I understand why Sparko refuses to take the evidence for the JFK assassination seriously that was presented in many TWeb threads. It's as though it's a matter of life and death with him that we all believe that Lee Harvey Oswald did it, despite how flimsy the Warren Report looked.

Comment

First Sparko, then you. Why? I would have said instead that lack of evidence does not prove the nonexistence of a conspiracy. However, generally I do not take any conspiracy seriously if I don't see any substantial evidence for it. I wish I understand why Sparko refuses to take the evidence for the JFK assassination seriously that was presented in many TWeb threads. It's as though it's a matter of life and death with him that we all believe that Lee Harvey Oswald did it, despite how flimsy the Warren Report looked.
                      All the evidence you have used to prove any so called conspiracy has been from quacks. The vaccine stuff you used from Joseph Mercola? Yeah his practice was shut down because he made claims without evidence and it was proven that he charged outrageous prices for cam type medicine much of which is not currently based nor founded in any cam practices. Actual Chiropractors Naturopath's and Herbalists I've worked with personally believe mercola is a fraudulent quack.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

All the evidence you have used to prove any so called conspiracy has been from quacks. The vaccine stuff you used from Joseph Mercola? Yeah his practice was shut down because he made claims without evidence and it was proven that he charged outrageous prices for cam type medicine much of which is not currently based nor founded in any cam practices. Actual Chiropractors Naturopath's and Herbalists I've worked with personally believe mercola is a fraudulent quack.
                        What the hell is going on? Prove specifically that Mercola's practice was shut down and why (well, maybe that occurred years ago?? but he's back as good as ever). Why is Dr Mercola so popular today?

Defamation is serious!

Comment

First Sparko, then you. Why?
                          You really need to get a life. It was a joke, as evidenced by the "outtie" >
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't quite understand why you and others think that I have "a general outlook on life that everything is a conspiracy."
                            I wasn't referring to you per se; I was just saying that that sort of thing is what constitutes a conspiratorial outlook. You do seem to believe in more conspiracies than most people, though.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't quite understand why you and others think that I have "a general outlook on life that everything is a conspiracy." Why do people like Sparko refuse to agree that what looked like evidence presented in many posts about the JFK assassination makes a case about who were involved in it? Note I said "were," not "was."
                              oh I don't know. Could it be because you mostly just post about conspiracies, like Evil Big Pharma, the JFK assassination, GMO and Monsanto, Vaccinations, etc?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X