Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Why we still have a LONG way to go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we still have a LONG way to go...

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/woman-cut-fetus-womb-won-charged-murder-article-1.2164116

Colorado woman who cut fetus from mom's womb won't be charged with murder

The Colorado woman accused of cutting a seven-month-old fetus from the mother's womb will not be charged with murder, the Boulder County District Attorney's Office confirmed.

Dynel Lane, 34, who police said likely suffers from a mental illness, lured Michelle Wilkins to her Longmont, Colo. home with a Craigslist ad for baby clothes on March 18 and instead attacked Wilkins.

Lane was arrested at Longmont United Hospital after bringing in the dead fetus, telling doctors she suffered a miscarriage, according to cops. Lane was initially charged with attempted first-degree murder, assault and child abuse knowingly/recklessly resulting in death.

"The issue of whether or not murder charges are appropriate involving a case involving the death of a fetus or late-term pregnancy is always a difficult issue," District Attorney Stan Garnett after the initial arrest. "Under Colorado law, there's no way murder charges can be brought if it is not established that the fetus lived as a child outside the body of the mother for some period of time.

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Idiots. The reason the baby died is that the woman murdered it by removing it from the mother with a knife. So they can't charge her with murder because it didn't live after her doing that. The ultimate in stupidity.

Comment

Surprise, the prosecutor takes big bucks from the baby killers themselves:
      http://www.lifenews.com/2015/03/27/p...thood-backing/
      However, new information reveals the prosecutor in the case is an abortion advocate who has the endorsement of prominent pro-abortion groups in a previous campaign for state Attorney General and who endorsed legislation to not regard unborn children as victims of such crimes, which would allow murder charges to be brought.

Comment

This really pisses me off.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

At least they're consistent. With the whole not seeing a fetus as a human being thing.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I just read through the comments of a related article on my FB. The outcry is so strong, the Colorado state legislature has got to feel the heat.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Are they at least going to punish the woman for kidnapping and assault? How about attempted murder of the mother? And you know, killing the mom's child!
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

The baby was viable outside the womb under federal law its 1st degree murder
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X